- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Bangalore Police To Use Traffic Fines In Improvement Of Infrastructure For Motorists In The City
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny SUV Will Not Launch In India Anytime Soon: Here’s Why
- 6 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Launch Date Confirmed For India: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Sports R Ashwin turns 33: Cricketing fraternity and fans greet India off-spinner on his birthday
- News 10-year-old girl dies of rare brain-eating amoeba contracted while swimming
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7's New Theme Upsets Viewers; Demand Equal Opportunity For Commoners!
- Technology Vivo True Wireless Earphone Announced: Specifications And Pricing
- Lifestyle Funny Reasons That Only Mothers Can Give To Discipline Their Children
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The 2020 Honda city has been spotted testing for the very first time. The 2020 Honda City will be the seventh-gen model for the global market and the fifth-gen model for the Indian market. The current-gen model was launched in 2014 and has sold in the lakhs all across the globe.
The City can easily be called Honda's mainstay model. It plays an important role for the Japanese automotive giant in terms of sales figures. In many International markets, the City is Honda's best-selling car and in India, it is the second-best selling car from Honda.
This is despite the fact that the current-gen model is five years old. Honda however, has had the next-gen model under development for a long time now and it is that very model that has been spotted testing by DriveMaster.
The test mule was spotted wearing heavy camouflage thereby hiding the minute details. However, an overall outline of the car's design is clearly visible. As expected, the next-gen Honda City will feature styling that is in-line with the latest Honda family design. The sedan appears to be wider and longer than it currently is.
Up front, it features sweptback headlamps, a wide grille and the thick chrome strip seen on most Honda cars today. When viewed from the side profile, the Honda City displays its new matte black alloy wheels.
At the rear is a shark-fin antenna, a bootlid with a small spoiler and new LED tail lamps with unique design elements. Honda will launch the next-gen City in the Indian market with the same petrol and diesel engines currently on offer.
These engines however will be upgraded to meet BS-VI emissions norms. Honda will also offer a mild-hybrid variant of the city in the Indian market for the environment conscious souls. The Honda City will go against the Toyota Corolla Altis, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the Hyundai Verna when launched.
Thoughts On 2020 Honda City Spotted Testing
The Honda City currently on sale has been around for five years without any generational updates, yet it remains competitive. It looks great, rides brilliantly and gets top-shelf equipment. Now, with the new one coming in, Honda will become much more competitive and hopefully sell well too.