- 19 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 21 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 22 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 23 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Saradha scam: Look-out notice issued against former Kolkata top cop Rajeev Kumar
- Movies PM Narendra Modi SECOND DAY Box Office Collection
- Sports Warriors' Iguodala considering retirement
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Volkswagen will soon introduce its Tiguan AllSpace in the Indian market. The new Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace is said to have been confirmed for an India-launch sometime by the end of this year itself.
According to carandbike, Volkswagen has confirmed that the Tiguan AllSpace Long Wheelbase will be launched in the Indian market. However, the German carmaker is yet to decide whether the Tiguan LWB will be offered as an additional variant or completely replace the Tiguan SUV, currently on sale.
The second-generation Volkswagen Tiguan was first introduced worldwide in 2016. The carmaker introduced both models, the short wheelbase and long wheelbase of the SUV together.
Most global market get either one of the models, however, those who do get both variants have the LWB variant badged as 'Tiguan AllSpace'. Volkswagen introduced the Tiguan in the Indian market back in 2017. Skoda also launched the Kodiaq at the same stage, which is essentially the Tiguan LWB as it borrows a number of features and equipment.
However, while the Skoda Kodiaq is offered as a premium seven-seater SUV, the Tiguan AllSpace will come with a much lower pricing, although still offering similar features. However, the pricing of the Tiguan LWB in India would put it in a very awkward position as its 2WD variant would be priced similar to the Tiguan already on sale, while the 4WD would naturally be priced higher.
Volkswagen hence are also yet to decide whether to bring in the 4WD variant or stick with just the 2WD version for the Indian market. One thing for certain though is that the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace will be assembled in VW's facility in Aurangabad, India.
The launch of the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace will be part of the German carmaker's 'India 2.0' project, headed by Skoda India. The launch of the Tiguan AllSpace will also establish the brand's serious intent for the Indian market. Volkswagen has also confirmed the launch of the T-Roc in India, sometime in 2020.
Although not much details of the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace is known at the moment. We can expect the SUV to come powered by the same engine as seen on the Skoda Kodiaq. This includes a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 148bhp and 340Nm of peak torque; mated to a seven-speed DSG gearbox.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace Long Wheelbase
Volkswagen is yet to officially announce any launch timeline or details of the Tiguan AllSpace for the Indian market. Once launched in India, the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace could be priced around the Rs 28 lakh, ex-showroom range. It will rival the likes of the Skoda Kodiaq, Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour.