- 1 min ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 59 min ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Gets Five-Year Warranty — Aims To Beat Hyundai Venue & Mahindra XUV300
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Burgman Street 125 Launched In New Matte Black Paint Scheme — Priced At Rs 69,208
- Movies Parth Samthaan & Niti Taylor's Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan Turns 5; Fans Recall MaNan's Magical Moments
- News 9 killed in lightning strikes in Uttar Pradesh
- Sports Imran Khan promises to make Pakistan the best cricket team in the world
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Technology Vodafone Rs. 205, Rs. 225 Prepaid Plans Launched For Select Subscribers
- Lifestyle 60 Birds Fall To Death From Sky; Mass Poisoning Suspected
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019 Likely To Be Out Soon
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Volkswagen will soon introduce its Tiguan AllSpace in the Indian market. The new Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace is said to have been confirmed for an India-launch sometime by the end of this year itself.
According to carandbike, Volkswagen has confirmed that the Tiguan AllSpace Long Wheelbase will be launched in the Indian market. However, the German carmaker is yet to decide whether the Tiguan LWB will be offered as an additional variant or completely replace the Tiguan SUV, currently on sale.
The second-generation Volkswagen Tiguan was first introduced worldwide in 2016. The carmaker introduced both models, the short wheelbase and long wheelbase of the SUV together.
Most global market get either one of the models, however, those who do get both variants have the LWB variant badged as 'Tiguan AllSpace'. Volkswagen introduced the Tiguan in the Indian market back in 2017. Skoda also launched the Kodiaq at the same stage, which is essentially the Tiguan LWB as it borrows a number of features and equipment.
However, while the Skoda Kodiaq is offered as a premium seven-seater SUV, the Tiguan AllSpace will come with a much lower pricing, although still offering similar features. However, the pricing of the Tiguan LWB in India would put it in a very awkward position as its 2WD variant would be priced similar to the Tiguan already on sale, while the 4WD would naturally be priced higher.
Volkswagen hence are also yet to decide whether to bring in the 4WD variant or stick with just the 2WD version for the Indian market. One thing for certain though is that the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace will be assembled in VW's facility in Aurangabad, India.
The launch of the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace will be part of the German carmaker's 'India 2.0' project, headed by Skoda India. The launch of the Tiguan AllSpace will also establish the brand's serious intent for the Indian market. Volkswagen has also confirmed the launch of the T-Roc in India, sometime in 2020.
Although not much details of the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace is known at the moment. We can expect the SUV to come powered by the same engine as seen on the Skoda Kodiaq. This includes a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 148bhp and 340Nm of peak torque; mated to a seven-speed DSG gearbox.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace Long Wheelbase
Volkswagen is yet to officially announce any launch timeline or details of the Tiguan AllSpace for the Indian market. Once launched in India, the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace could be priced around the Rs 28 lakh, ex-showroom range. It will rival the likes of the Skoda Kodiaq, Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour.