- 2 hrs ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 19 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 2 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 3 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- Finance Donald Trump Calls For World Bank To Stop Lending To China
- News Never approved mercy plea, says Nirbhaya convict
- Sports Cricket Australia promise 'international standard' wicket for Boxing Day Test
- Lifestyle Jacqueline Fernandez, Nushrat Bharucha Give Us Winter-perfect And Summer-ideal Airport Attire Goals
- Movies Arjun Suravaram Box Office Verdict: Nikhil Siddharth Starrer Emerges As A Hit!
- Technology OnePlus 8 Lite Design Revealed Via CAD-Based Renders
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Volkswagen India has been working on the facelift version of the Polo GT for the Indian market for quite a while. The car has been spotted under heavy camouflage on multiple occasions, ahead of its expected launch in India.
Now, in a recent development industry insiders have confirmed to us that Volkswagen will launch the Polo GT facelift in the Indian market within the next three to four months. The upcoming Volkswagen Polo GT facelift will be a heavily updated version of the current model on sale in India.
The 2019 Volkswagen Polo GT facelift will be offered with both cosmetic changes and a bunch of mechanical updates as well. One of the main changes which is expected is the new front grille, whose design is said to be borrowed from the Polo GTI hot hatch.
Apart from the front grille, other bits such as the LED headlamps with the LED DRLs, front and rear bumpers and even the LED taillights will borrow its design cues from the GTI.
The interiors of the new Polo GT facelift will also receive a number of updates; offering a more premium, sporty and modern feel as well. We expect the 2019 Polo GT facelift to come with a sporty blacked-out cabin with contrast stitching all around. This will further be supported by the addition of a number of new features and modern equipment as well.
The main change on the new Volkswagen Polo GT facelift will however be the addition of the new 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine. This new engine will replace the current 1.2-litre TSI unit on the outgoing model.
The new 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine is also expected to be compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms from the start. Exact power outputs of the new turbo-petrol engine are yet to be officially announced by the brand, which will be done closer to the date of launch. Volkswagen will however continue to offer the Polo GT TSI facelift with the same DSG automatic gearbox as seen on the current model.
Volkswagen, however, is yet to confirm the future of the 1.5-litre TDI engine which is also available on the outgoing Polo GT hatchback. The diesel engine which does duty on the current Polo GT produces 108bhp and 250Nm of torque and is mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The 2019 Volkswagen Polo GT Facelift
Volkswagen will be launching its Polo GT facelift in the Indian market within the next two months. The Polo GT was launched in India almost four to five years back and till date remains the enthusiasts choice for a fun hatchback. With the launch of the 2019 Polo GT facelift, Volkswagen will be hoping to take advantage of this and improve sales in the Indian market.