- 1 hr ago Tata Altroz Premium Hatchback Teased Ahead Of Its July Debut
- 4 hrs ago BMW X7 India-Launch Date Confirmed — The First-Ever 7-Seater Beemer Will Soon Be Available In India
- 4 hrs ago Government Gives Manufacturers Just 14 Days To Come Up With Roadmap For EV Development
- 6 hrs ago New Kia Seltos Video Released With Tiger Shroff As Brand Ambassador — Watch The Video Here!
- News Rajasthan BJP chief Madan Lal Saini passes away at 75 in Delhi's AIIMS
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Andre Russell ruled out for the rest of the tournament due to injury
- Lifestyle Eat These Vitamin D-rich Foods For Improved Immunity & Bone Health
- Technology How To Travel With Drone To A New Country – All You Need To Know
- Movies Nagarjuna's Past Comments About Bigg Boss Telugu Haunt Him Big Time; Deets Inside!
- Finance IT Dept Issued Refunds Worth Rs 64,700 Cr From April To 18 June 2019
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Toyota India is currently said to be working on the next-generation Etios and Etios Liva models for the market. The new Toyota Etios and Liva models will come with major updates both in terms of cosmetic and mechanical.
Masakazu Yoshimura, MD, Toyota Kirloskar Motors told Economic Times, "We are looking at upgrading the Etios and Liva along with a smaller car solution. The future of India is its young people. We have to be very active, we are looking at 70% of the market in terms of presence and we are thinking about what we can do. The aim is not just on selling, but delivering on what our consumers want and what is good for them. Our current products are highly priced; our focus is to reduce the cost."
Both cars — Etios sedan and Etios Liva hatchback will come with major updates, allowing it to become compliant with the upcoming 'Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assesment Program (BNVSAP) and the BS-VI emission norms.
Both the models are the entry-level offerings from the Japanese brand in the country. However, Toyota is also said to be working on a brand new small car, placed below the Etios Liva. This will become the new entry-level product for Toyota in India.
Yoshimura, further added "We have many options — Daihatsu, Suzuki, Subaru, Toyota. We will be able to offer something very unique. We want to explore how we leverage all the four global brands and offer something unique for the Indian market, a solution that can also have global potential."
The Toyota Etios and the Etios Liva models were introduced in the Indian market almost six years ago. Both cars failed to create a buzz in the private car buyer segment, however, are extremely popular among cab and taxi fleets. Toyota has not offered any major update to either of the models since their launch.
The upcoming next-generation Etios and Etios Liva models will come with petrol, petrol hybrids and CNG offerings. Toyota is expected to stop production of diesel engines, citing the increase in price for the BS-VI conversion.
Also, both cars will also comply with the upcoming safety regulations, including the crash test norms of October 2019. It will feature all the safety features such as ABS with EBD, seat belt reminders, high-speed alerts, dual airbags and disc brakes as standard.
Apart from the two new models, Toyota India is also working with Suzuki to introduce electric and hybrid cars in the country. The two Japanese brands are working together to develop new technologies and products for the future.
Thoughts On The Next-Generation Toyota Etios & Liva
The new generation Toyota Etios and Etios Liva are currently in their developmental stages. Toyota is yet to officially reveal an exact timeline for the launch of the new models in the country. However, we can expect it to be introduced sometime before the April 2020 deadline, when the BS-VI emission norms are implemented.