- 41 min ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Toyota Registers 1,639 Units Of Sales Since Resuming Operations
- 1 hr ago Tata Harrier Dark BS6 Special Edition SUV Started To Arrive At Dealerships
- 1 day ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- Finance Voltas Jumps Over 11% On Q4 Results, Brokerage Calls
- Movies Wajid Khan Buried Next To Irrfan Khan’s Grave In The Presence Of Two Family Members!
- Technology Rebranded RedmiBook 13 Likely To Be Launched In India On June 11
- Sports IPL 2020: MS Dhoni will play in IPL but will not play for India again: Harbhajan Singh
- News Full list of trains from June 1: Precautions and other guidelines to follow
- Lifestyle Bollywood Divas Who Paired Their Pretty Saree With Strapless Blouse And Made Heads Turn
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Toyota India is currently said to be working on the next-generation Etios and Etios Liva models for the market. The new Toyota Etios and Liva models will come with major updates both in terms of cosmetic and mechanical.
Masakazu Yoshimura, MD, Toyota Kirloskar Motors told Economic Times, "We are looking at upgrading the Etios and Liva along with a smaller car solution. The future of India is its young people. We have to be very active, we are looking at 70% of the market in terms of presence and we are thinking about what we can do. The aim is not just on selling, but delivering on what our consumers want and what is good for them. Our current products are highly priced; our focus is to reduce the cost."
Both cars — Etios sedan and Etios Liva hatchback will come with major updates, allowing it to become compliant with the upcoming 'Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assesment Program (BNVSAP) and the BS-VI emission norms.
Both the models are the entry-level offerings from the Japanese brand in the country. However, Toyota is also said to be working on a brand new small car, placed below the Etios Liva. This will become the new entry-level product for Toyota in India.
Yoshimura, further added "We have many options — Daihatsu, Suzuki, Subaru, Toyota. We will be able to offer something very unique. We want to explore how we leverage all the four global brands and offer something unique for the Indian market, a solution that can also have global potential."
The Toyota Etios and the Etios Liva models were introduced in the Indian market almost six years ago. Both cars failed to create a buzz in the private car buyer segment, however, are extremely popular among cab and taxi fleets. Toyota has not offered any major update to either of the models since their launch.
The upcoming next-generation Etios and Etios Liva models will come with petrol, petrol hybrids and CNG offerings. Toyota is expected to stop production of diesel engines, citing the increase in price for the BS-VI conversion.
Also, both cars will also comply with the upcoming safety regulations, including the crash test norms of October 2019. It will feature all the safety features such as ABS with EBD, seat belt reminders, high-speed alerts, dual airbags and disc brakes as standard.
Apart from the two new models, Toyota India is also working with Suzuki to introduce electric and hybrid cars in the country. The two Japanese brands are working together to develop new technologies and products for the future.
Thoughts On The Next-Generation Toyota Etios & Liva
The new generation Toyota Etios and Etios Liva are currently in their developmental stages. Toyota is yet to officially reveal an exact timeline for the launch of the new models in the country. However, we can expect it to be introduced sometime before the April 2020 deadline, when the BS-VI emission norms are implemented.