- 48 min ago Window Tint Transparency & IND Number Plate Confusion Cleared: Confirmed By Government Officials
- 52 min ago BMW X5 M Competition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.94 Crore
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta New Vs Old Comparison: A Brief Look At What’s Changed!
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- Sports India vs Australia: Aaron Finch satisfied with make up of his team ahead of ODI series opener
- Technology Constitution Day Quiz 2020: Everything You Need To Know
- News International flights to remain suspended till December 31, only selected flights allowed: DGCA
- Movies Meghan Markle Reveals She Suffered A Miscarriage In July
- Finance Future Retail Hits 5% Lower Circuit After SIAC Rejects Plea
- Education NIOS Starts Registration For October 2020 Board Exams, Check Fee Details
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange & Pink Suit Will Melt Your Heart
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
New Tata Tigor 2020 has been spotted testing ahead of its launch in India. The spy pics from Overdrive reveal a heavily camouflaged mule testing on Indian roads. The upcoming facelift model of the compact-sedan will feature a revised interior and exterior design.
The spy pics also reveals the new front design of the compact-sedan inspired from the company soon to be launched Altroz hatchback in India. This includes a new sharp-looking head-lamps with LED DRLs, revised front bumpers and new fog lamp design. It could also feature revised rear bumpers with new a tail-lamp cluster design as well.
The upcoming facelift model is expected to be sold exclusive with petrol powertrain as the company has earlier confirmed that they will not carry forward their small-capacity diesel engines to make it BS-VI complaint.
The 2020 Tigor is expected to carry forward the same 1.2-litre petrol engine to make it BS-VI compliant. The 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine featured in the current model produces 84bhp and 114Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox or a five-speed AMT automatic transmission unit. We expect the power and torque figures to remain the same after the engine is made BS-VI compliant.
Alongside the petrol engine, Tata Motors is also offering the Tigor compact-sedan with an electric powertrain as well. The Tigor EV will sport a range of 213 kilometer on a single charge and come with two driving modes — here are more details.
The upcoming facelift model is also expected to undergo a few changes on the inside as well. This would include an updated seat fabric design, and soft-touch plastics placed across the cabin to further enhance the pleasant cabin feel.
2020 Tigor will continue to feature a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay with an eight-speaker audio system, both of which are sourced from Harman; among other features.
The upcoming model of the Tigor is also expected to comply with the upcoming pedestrian crash safety norms which will come into effect from October 1, 2020. Apart from that, the compact-sedan will continue to come equipped with standard safety features. This includes driver and co-passenger airbags, ABS with EBD, rear camera and parking sensors. To further enhance the safety on the 2020 Tigor, it could feature a 360 degree camera as well.
Alongside making their models BS-VI complaint, Tata Motors is also working on developing new electric vehicles to the Indian market. Called the Ziptron, will be new electric vehicle technology from Tata, is expected to power a host of upcoming EV models In India. Ahead of launch the company has invited to drive their upcoming Nexon EV — here are more details.
Thoughts About The 2020 Tata Tigor Spied
The company has revised their compact-sedan on a regular basis. The recent update came in the form of a fully-digital instrument cluster offered on the top variants. However, with the upcoming BS-VI norms the company take advantage and revise the Tigor to give an advantage over its rivals in the segment and making it appealing to the buyers.