- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan: 'I'll Be Lying If I Say I Really Struggled'
- Sports Pakistan will not play any home series on neutral venue: PCB chief Mani
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
New Tata Tiago 2020 has been spotted testing ahead of its launch in India. The spy video showcases a heavily camouflaged mule testing on Indian streets. The upcoming hatchback will feature a revised interior and exterior design.
The spy video from Area of Interest YouTube channel reveals an all-new front design of the hatchback. The new design is inspired from the company soon-to-be-launched Altroz premium hatchback in India. The design revision on the front includes a new sharp-looking head-lamps with LED DRLs. The front bumpers and fog lamp design has been revised and look similar to the Altroz's design as well.
The upcoming Tiago hatchback also features revised rear bumpers, with a new tail-lamp cluster design. The spy video of the upcoming hatchback also reveal, a new dual-tone alloy wheel design as well. We expect Tata to carry the new revision made to the hatchback, also to the upcoming 2020 Tigor compact-sedan.
2020 Tata Tiago model is expected to be sold exclusive with petrol powertrain. The company earlier confirmed that they will not carry forward their small-capacity diesel engines featured on the Tiago and the Tigor to make it BS-VI complaint. The reason being, cost towards making the engine to meet the upcoming emission norms are high.
The company is expected to carry forward the same 1.2-litre petrol engine featured on the current hatchback, to make it BS-VI compliant. The 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine featured in the current model produces 84bhp and 114Nm of torque. We expect the power and torque figures to remain the same with the BS-VI compliant power unit as well.
The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox or a five-speed AMT automatic transmission unit. We expect the same transmission options to be carried on the upcoming hatchback.
The upcoming facelift model is also expected to undergo a few changes on the inside, again taking inspiration from the Altroz hatchback. Interior changes on the new hatchback will be aimed towards making the cabin look more premium. This includes an updated seat fabric design, and soft-touch plastics to further enhance the pleasant cabin feel.
2020 Tiago will continue to feature a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with smartphone support for Android and Apple. The current model also features an eight-speaker audio system offering a premium sound experience to the occupants.
Tata Motors have recently upgraded the top-sec trims of the Tiago and Tigor with a new fully-digital instrument cluster. We expect this feature to become a standard feature across variants on both models.
The upcoming model of the Tigo will feature a reverse-parking camera, which is missing on the current model. Apart from that, the upcoming model will feature standard safety equipment that is featured on the current model. This includes airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors.
Alongside making their models BS-VI complaint, Tata Motors is also working on developing new electric vehicles to the Indian market. The company is already offering the Tigor compact-sedan with an electric powertrain. The Tigor EV sports claimed range of 213 kilometer on a single charge and come with two driving modes — here are more details.
Thoughts About The 2020 Tata Tiago Spied
The Tiago hatchback has been the best-seller for the company for a long time now. However, with the upcoming BS-VI norms, Tata has taken the opportunity to give an overhaul to the hatchback and make it more appealing to the buyers.