- 10 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Top-Spec DCT Variant Features Leaked: Could It Beat The Tata Altroz?
- 1 day ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 1 day ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 1 day ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- Sports IPL 2020: Match 45: RR vs MI Updates: Kieron Pollard wins toss, elects to bat first; Rohit Sharma misses
- News Congress has formed 'radical syndicate' with Jamaat-e-Islami, PFI; RJD also its part: BJP
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: No Eviction In The Third Week Elimination Process?
- Finance Closed-End Funds: Know All About it
- Lifestyle 12 Simple Exercise Tips For People With Diabetes
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ CAD Renders Show Rear Camera, Flat Screen And More
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Tata Motors is said to be working on updating a number of its models in the Indian market, including its popular sub-4 metre compact SUV, the Nexon. The SUV was launched in India back in 2017 and since then has been a popular choice in the competitive SUV segment in India.
However, over the past couple of months, with growing competition from the likes of the Mahindra XUV300 and the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon sales have slowly been on the downward slide. Now, Gaadiwaadi has released the first spy images of the Tata Nexon facelift for the Indian market.
The spy pics showcase a completely camouflaged front fascia of the Nexon facelift. Tata is expected to unveil the facelift version at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo, to be held in February. The unveil will soon be followed by its launch in the Indian market, sometime during mid-2020.
The Tata Nexon facelift although camouflaged, does reveal the updated headlamp cluster, along with the revised air intakes at the front. The spy pics also reveal that the headlamp cluster also comes with a pair of projector lamps, along with integrated LED DRLs.
The new Nexon facelift will also follow the Tata's latest design language, ‘Impact 2.0'; which first debuted on the Harrier. This includes both the exterior and interior will get some major revisions in design features and equipment list. This also includes a fully-digital instrument cluster, along with a bunch of updates to the seat upholstery, dashboard and overall cabin layout as well.
Apart from the cosmetic updates to the Nexon, Tata has also improved the mechanical and other technical aspects of the compact-SUV. The new Nexon facelift will comply with the stringent crash test norms and the pedestrian safety norms in the country, which will be implemented from October 2020.
The new Tata Nexon facelift will also be powered by a BS-VI compliant petrol and diesel engine options. These include the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel. Both engines will continue to be mated to a standard six-speed manual with the optional six-speed AMT transmission as well.
Thoughts On The 2020 Tata Nexon Facelift Spy Pics
The Tata Nexon will be updated soon for the Indian market. The Nexon is among the best-selling products from the Indian car manufacturer in the market. With the facelift version, Tata Motors will be hoping to take on the newer rivals in the segment.
The Tata Nexon will also be priced at a premium compared to the outgoing model and will continue to rival the likes of the Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300, Hyundai Venue and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.