- 28 min ago BMW Motorrad Dealerships Reopens: Resumes Retail Operations After Lockdown Eased
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Creta Sales Beats Maruti Suzuki For The First Time: New Best-Selling Car In May 2020
- 3 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For May 2020: Bajaj Auto Registers 69% Decline With 1.12 Lakh Sales Last Month
- 4 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Sold Out In India Within Three Months Of Launch
- News At least 19 killed in landslides in Assam
- Movies When Mohanlal’s Mother Was Disappointed With The Actor’s Debut Movie Manjil Virinja Pookkal!
- Finance Sensex Ends 522 Points Higher, Bajaj Finserv Shares Surge
- Technology OnePlus Z With Android 10, 12GB RAM Stops By Geekbench
- Sports F1 announces first eight races of revised 2020 calendar
- Lifestyle From Canvas Painting To Playing Guitar, Ananya Panday Gives Quarantine Goals In Cute Outfits
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Tata Motors is said to be working on updating a number of its models in the Indian market, including its popular sub-4 metre compact SUV, the Nexon. The SUV was launched in India back in 2017 and since then has been a popular choice in the competitive SUV segment in India.
However, over the past couple of months, with growing competition from the likes of the Mahindra XUV300 and the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon sales have slowly been on the downward slide. Now, Gaadiwaadi has released the first spy images of the Tata Nexon facelift for the Indian market.
The spy pics showcase a completely camouflaged front fascia of the Nexon facelift. Tata is expected to unveil the facelift version at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo, to be held in February. The unveil will soon be followed by its launch in the Indian market, sometime during mid-2020.
The Tata Nexon facelift although camouflaged, does reveal the updated headlamp cluster, along with the revised air intakes at the front. The spy pics also reveal that the headlamp cluster also comes with a pair of projector lamps, along with integrated LED DRLs.
The new Nexon facelift will also follow the Tata's latest design language, ‘Impact 2.0'; which first debuted on the Harrier. This includes both the exterior and interior will get some major revisions in design features and equipment list. This also includes a fully-digital instrument cluster, along with a bunch of updates to the seat upholstery, dashboard and overall cabin layout as well.
Apart from the cosmetic updates to the Nexon, Tata has also improved the mechanical and other technical aspects of the compact-SUV. The new Nexon facelift will comply with the stringent crash test norms and the pedestrian safety norms in the country, which will be implemented from October 2020.
The new Tata Nexon facelift will also be powered by a BS-VI compliant petrol and diesel engine options. These include the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel. Both engines will continue to be mated to a standard six-speed manual with the optional six-speed AMT transmission as well.
Thoughts On The 2020 Tata Nexon Facelift Spy Pics
The Tata Nexon will be updated soon for the Indian market. The Nexon is among the best-selling products from the Indian car manufacturer in the market. With the facelift version, Tata Motors will be hoping to take on the newer rivals in the segment.
The Tata Nexon will also be priced at a premium compared to the outgoing model and will continue to rival the likes of the Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300, Hyundai Venue and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.