- 58 min ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 1 hr ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 1 hr ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- News Revealed: The child in Modi’s arms, who he called a special friend in Parliament
- Technology Realme 3i First Sale Sells Over 150,000 Units Within 30 Minutes
- Movies Nerkonda Paarvai First Review: Ajith Kumar Shines In The 'Best Tamil Film' Of The Year
- Sports Overthrow rules come under scrutiny but it cost New Zealand a World Cup
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Skoda has released teasers of their all-new upcoming SUV. The new Skoda SUV is said to be based on the Vision X Concept and will be showcased at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show in March.
The first teaser released, showcases the front silhouette of the SUV. The teaser of the SUV reveals a front design different from the current Karoq or Kodiaq SUV. It also features new LED headlamps and Daytime Running Lights (DRL) with integrated dynamic indicators.
The all-new Skoda SUV will be based on Volkswagen's MQB platform. It will complete the lineup of Skoda SUVs in the international lineup, currently consisting of the Karoq and Kodiaq. Also, the new SUV will be the smallest offering in the lineup.
Skoda has confirmed that the Vision X-based SUV will be launched in the Indian market. The launch will occur sometime during late-2019 or early-2020. The production-spec of the SUV will comply with all the upcoming safety and emission norms in India. Skoda is also considering assembling the SUV in the country. This will allow the brand, to localise the production allowing for competitive prices.
BREAKING NEWS: #SKODA is going to present its brand-new crossover model at the #GenevaMotorShow. The #nextskoda benefits from the best of #SUV model range and the agility of a compact car. Stay tuned for more details. In the meantime, you can guess the name! #SKODAinGENEVA2019 pic.twitter.com/SPl9Xx9PHJ— ŠKODA AUTO NEWS (@skodaautonews) January 16, 2019
The new Skoda SUV once launched in India, might make use of the new 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine from Volkswagen. The international version, however, is expected to feature a CNG-hybrid system. It will make use of a 1.5-litre four-cylinder engine running on CNG, which will further be mated to two electric motors. The CNG engine alone is said to churn out 131bhp and 350Nm of torque.
The India-spec Skoda SUV is said to come packed with a host of features. It will also share some of its features such as a digital instrument cluster, large infotainment system and reclining second-row seats among others, with the T-Cross SUV from Volkswagen. The Volkswagen T-Cross SUV is also said to make an entry into the Indian market in the future.
Thoughts On The New Skoda SUV Based On The Vision X
The new Skoda SUV based on the Vision X Concept will be showcased at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show in March. The new Skoda SUV will be placed below the Karoq and Kodiaq SUV in the international lineup and is expected to be launched internationally, sometime during the latter part of 2019.