- 1 hr ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- 3 hrs ago Renault Triber First Drive Review — The Budget Friendly MPV
- Sports AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships: Amit Panghal, Manish Kaushik enter semi-finals to confirm medals
- Movies Jio MAMI 21st Mumbai Film Festival: These 10 Films Will Compete In The India Gold Section
- News ‘Missing’ Delhi elephant Laxmi found, mahout Saddam arrested after two months on the run
- Lifestyle Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Skoda is planning to introduce a more Off-road focused variant of their flagship SUV, the Kodiaq SUV in the Indian market. The new Skoda Kodiaq Scout is already on sale in international markets and will now make its way to India as well.
The new Skoda Kodiaq Scout SUV will be the third variant in the models lineup after the Style and L&K variants. The new Kodiaq Scout will offer more off-roading capabilities compared to the other variants.
Differences between the Skoda Kodiaq Scout variant with others include a higher ground clearance at 194mm compared to 188mm on the other variants. This will allow the Kodiaq to have better approach and departure angles during off-roading.
The new Skoda Kodiaq Scout will feature the same AWD setup as the other variants, it will also feature the same driving modes - Eco, Comfort, Normal, Sport, Individual and Snow. However, it will feature an additional off-road button, slowing down the the throttle response and changing the suspension set up as well. The off-road switch also controls the hill-hold assist and hill descent functions.
Apart from the above mentioned mechanical and technical differences, the new Skoda Kodiaq Scout also comes with a number of cosmetic changes as well. This includes 19-inch wheels with a differently designed alloys, silver details on the grille, roof rails, ORVM housing, side window trims and front and rear underbody.
Interiors of the off-road Skoda Kodiaq variant will also come with an all-black cabin with 'Scout' badging on the seats and glovebox. In terms of features, the Skoda Kodiaq Scout will receive all the equipment seen on the Style variant. These include LED headlamps, multiple airbags (front, side and curtain), keyless entry, start/stop button and power adjustable driver and front passenger seats; among others.
The Skoda Kodiaq Scout will continue to be powered by same the 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 150bhp, seen on the other variants. It will be mated to a seven-speed DSG transmission.
Thoughts On The New Skoda Kodiaq Scout
The more off-road oriented variant of the Skoda Kodiaq will offer a new perspective to the model range in the Indian market. The Skoda Kodiaq Style and L&K variants sold in the Indian market are sold at Rs 35.37 lakh and Rs 36.79 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (India). The new Skoda Kodiaq Scout once launched in India is also expected to be priced in the same range.