- 1 min ago Revolt RV 400 Electric Motorcycle Revealed — India’s First AI-Enabled Motorcycle
- 29 min ago Maruti Suzuki, Dealer Ordered To Pay Rs 1 Lakh Compensation
- 2 hrs ago Continental Builds Heads Up Display For Sport And Performance Cars
- 3 hrs ago The Damon X Is The Safest Motorcycle In The World — Features Advanced Tech
- Movies VIRAL VIDEO! Ranveer Singh Consoles An Upset Pakistani Fan After Team India's Win At World Cup 2019
- Sports ICC World Cup: Afghanistan have been a real disappointment in World Cup 2019
- News Population of Indian-origin people in America grew by 38pc between 2010-2017
- Finance Goyal Asks Companies To Submit Concerns On Draft E-Commerce Policy In 10 Days
- Lifestyle Encephalitis: The Deadly Condition That Killed More Than 100 Children In Bihar
- Technology WD Black SN750 M.2 SSD Review: Made For Pro Gamers
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Skoda is planning to introduce a more Off-road focused variant of their flagship SUV, the Kodiaq SUV in the Indian market. The new Skoda Kodiaq Scout is already on sale in international markets and will now make its way to India as well.
The new Skoda Kodiaq Scout SUV will be the third variant in the models lineup after the Style and L&K variants. The new Kodiaq Scout will offer more off-roading capabilities compared to the other variants.
Differences between the Skoda Kodiaq Scout variant with others include a higher ground clearance at 194mm compared to 188mm on the other variants. This will allow the Kodiaq to have better approach and departure angles during off-roading.
The new Skoda Kodiaq Scout will feature the same AWD setup as the other variants, it will also feature the same driving modes - Eco, Comfort, Normal, Sport, Individual and Snow. However, it will feature an additional off-road button, slowing down the the throttle response and changing the suspension set up as well. The off-road switch also controls the hill-hold assist and hill descent functions.
Apart from the above mentioned mechanical and technical differences, the new Skoda Kodiaq Scout also comes with a number of cosmetic changes as well. This includes 19-inch wheels with a differently designed alloys, silver details on the grille, roof rails, ORVM housing, side window trims and front and rear underbody.
Interiors of the off-road Skoda Kodiaq variant will also come with an all-black cabin with 'Scout' badging on the seats and glovebox. In terms of features, the Skoda Kodiaq Scout will receive all the equipment seen on the Style variant. These include LED headlamps, multiple airbags (front, side and curtain), keyless entry, start/stop button and power adjustable driver and front passenger seats; among others.
The Skoda Kodiaq Scout will continue to be powered by same the 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 150bhp, seen on the other variants. It will be mated to a seven-speed DSG transmission.
Thoughts On The New Skoda Kodiaq Scout
The more off-road oriented variant of the Skoda Kodiaq will offer a new perspective to the model range in the Indian market. The Skoda Kodiaq Style and L&K variants sold in the Indian market are sold at Rs 35.37 lakh and Rs 36.79 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (India). The new Skoda Kodiaq Scout once launched in India is also expected to be priced in the same range.