- 39 min ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- 1 hr ago 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Specs Leaked: Motorcycle Revised With Upgraded Electronics
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Hikes Prices Of Its Entire Product Lineup: Prices Increased By Up To Rs 10,000
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Ambrane Launches WH-83 Wireless Headphones For Rs. 1,199 In India
- Lifestyle Kangana Ranaut Looks Drop Dead Gorgeous In A Beautiful Glittering Sari At An Award Show
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar raises funds for over 600 child heart surgeries during his USA tour
- Movies Kiara Advani Is A Busy Bee; South Cinema Finding It Hard To Get Her Dates?
- News Indo-US ties on upward trajectory: Jaishankar ahead of PM’s US visit
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Skoda Auto has released the official design sketches of the upcoming Kamiq SUV. The Skoda Kamiq SUV is based on the Vision X Concept, showcased at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show. The Skoda Kamiq is the smallest SUV in the brand's lineup, which includes the Karoq and the range-topping Kodiaq.
The production version of the Skoda Kamiq will have its global debut at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show in March 2019. The sketches released by Skoda showcases a number of design cues which will make its way on to the production version.
As seen from the sketches, the Skoda Kamiq will get split headlights; a thin strip for the Daytime Running Lights (DRL) and the indicators, placed above the main headlamp unit. The front also features the traditional Skoda grille, similar to the ones seen on both the Karoq and Kodiaq. The rear profile also can be seen with an aggressively styled sleek LED tail light cluster.
Skoda recently announced the name 'Kamiq' for their upcoming SUV. The new Skoda Kamiq will be part of the newer MQB AO platform architecture. This is the same platform which underpins the Volkswagen T-Cross, which debuted earlier.
Apart from the platform, the Kamiq will also share the powertrain and a few other cosmetic bits with the T-Cross SUV. The powertrain includes a 1.5-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine producing 131bhp and 250Nm of torque.
The engine is further mated to two electric motors; one at each axle. The first is a belt-driven starter-generator while the second powers the rear axle producing an additional 27bhp and 70Nm of torque at standstill.
The new Skoda Kamiq also comes with a reserve fuel tank, allowing it to effortlessly start in extreme cold weather conditions while also adding to its range; claimed to be around 645km.
Thoughts On The New Skoda Kamiq SUV
The new Skoda Kamiq is the smallest SUV offering from the brand. With its unveil scheduled at the Geneva Motor Show, we can expect the Kamiq to go on sale in the European markets by mid-2019. The India-spec SUV will be showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo in its concept form. The concept will borrow design cues from the upcoming European-spec Kamiq SUV.