- 55 min ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now.
- 2 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- 4 hrs ago Aprilia Storm 125 Launched — Priced At Rs 65000 Ex-Showroom
- News Modi gets second term as PM, but why did this Congress worker shave head
- Finance Global Brokerages View Modi2 To Push Some Of These Stocks
- Movies When Trisha Came Up With A BOLD & BEFITTING Reply To A CLICHED Question!
- Technology Win Infinix S4 for just Re1 with Flipkart’s answer and win contest
- Sports La Liga, Real Betis join hands to promote Spanish football internationally
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Skoda is said to be planning on introducing a brand-new SUV in the Indian market. The new SUV will be positioned in the highly competitive sub-four-metre Compact SUV segment.
According to CarDekho, the new Skoda compact-SUV is expected to be showcased only by 2022 and will be followed by a launch much later. The new Skoda sub-four-metre will be based on the MQB A0-IN platform which will debut with the upcoming Kamiq SUV in the Indian market.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
The new Skoda small SUV will also be part of Volkswagen's 'India 2.0' project, headed by Skoda in the country. As part of the new project, both Skoda and Volkswagen have two products lined up for an India-launch.
The first product to be part of the project will be the Kamiq SUV, followed by the next-gen Rapid sedan. Both these products is said to launch in India sometime in 2022 and will be part of the MQB A0-IN architecture.
Volkswagen will also launch the T-Cross SUV, along with the next-gen Vento in the Indian market. The launch of these products will also be during the same time as that of Skoda. The MQB A0-IN is a modified version of the global MQB A0 platform.
The new platform offers both Skoda and Volkswagen to base a number of vehicles, including sub-four metre SUVs, mid-size SUVs, sedans, compact sedans and hatchback. However, the MQB A0-IN platform cannot offer cars bigger than 4.4 metres. This is one of the main reasons, why the Volkswagen Group is looking at sub-four-metre SUVs for the Indian market.
Sub-four-metre SUVs are gaining a lot of popularity in the Indian market. The segment has stiff competition among almost every major brand in the country. The latest entrant to the compact-SUV segment in India is the upcoming Hyundai Venue; scheduled to launch on the 21st May.
The Hyundai Venue will be positioned below the popular Creta in India. The Hyundai Creta itself is one of the direct rivals to the upcoming Skoda Kamiq and Volkswagen T-Cross SUVs.
Thoughts On The New Skoda Compact-SUV Plans For India
Skoda is working on introducing a new sub-four-metre SUV in the Indian market. With the MQB A0-IN platform, Skoda has the ability to make the most in the country, by introducing multiple products. The new Skoda compact-SUV, however, is still in its very early stages and will only be showcased by 2022, with a launch even later.