- 23 min ago KTM RC 125, RC 200 & RC 390 Launched In New Colours: Prices & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Tata Nexon To Get New Grille Design Soon: Details Leaked Ahead Of Launch
- 3 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Bookings & Launch Timeline Revealed: Teaser Video
- 1 day ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Shefali Shah's Delhi Crime Bags Nomination In Best Drama Series Category At Emmy Awards 2020
- Sports IPL 2020: We're happy with the way we're playing, says Mayank Agarwal
- News Loan moratorium: SC gives Centre one week on new plan
- Technology Reliance Industries Might Join Hands With United Telelinks For 4G Smartphones
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Mouni Roy: 5 Pretty Dresses Of The Actress That Could Be Your Next Party Look!
- Finance PVR, Inox Leisure Rally Up To 12% After West Bengal Allows Cinemas To Reopen From Oct 1
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
Skoda India is readying itself to launch new products in the Indian market, over the next two years. Mr Zac Hollis, the Director for Sales, Service, and Marketing at Skoda Auto India, confirmed the product launches via twitter.
A recent tweet confirms as many as six new and upgraded models are to be launched over the next two years. The tweet could mean that some of the models will be showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo 2020.
Mr Bernhard Maier, the Chief Executive Officer at Skoda, said during an interview about a week ago, that Skoda was planning to launch a mid-sized SUV late next year. There is a possibility that we could see this SUV during the Delhi Auto Expo scheduled for February 2020.
Speculation is that the mid-sized SUV will be first product to be launched that will be based on the company's India 2.0 Project. The company's MQB A0 IN platform will be the showstopper of the new strategy that revolves around reviving the brand in India.
Skoda has achieved close to 90 percent localisation with the new platform. The all new MQB A0 IN platform will be used to build mid-sized SUVs for both Skoda and Volkswagen. Skoda's SUV will draw inspiration from the Kamiq, and VW's SUV from the T-Cross.
Skoda Auto India is also expected to launch the Karoq during 2020, in addition to the new-generation Skoda Octavia. Also, one would expect to see facelift versions of the company's existing models, all during 2020.
In related news, Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Private Limited decided to shut down their Chakan facility for one month from the middle of December until the middle of January. This make it the second shut down for the Chakan plant, with the earlier shut down between October and November this year.
The company said that the shut down was a planned one, and was done because the plant was receiving upgrades to its production line. The company also said that deliveries to customers were considered, and will not be affected. To read more about the shut down, click here.
Thoughts About Skoda Launching Six Models Over The Next Two Years
Well we think its about time. Skoda and Volkswagen, once highly successful brands lost out for multiple reasons. The biggest reasons were the VW emission scam, and competition. It is about time the company did something about it, and we're looking forward to the cars that feature the new MBQ A0 IN platform.