- 16 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 18 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- 1 day ago India To Receive Almost 50 New Vehicles By March 2020 — Here Is The list!
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Elimination: Mohan Vaidya Gets Evicted In An Emotional Episode!
- News Chandrayaan-2 Launch: 'Baahubali' to carry India's second moon mission
- Sports Badminton Asia Junior Championships 2019: Maisnam Meiraba shines as India enter quarterfinals
- Technology Bluetooth Missing From Windows 10 Device Manager – Here’s The Fix
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Lifestyle Meet The Indian Baba Who Has Not Washed His Hair For 40 Years
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Renault launched the Duster SUV in the Indian market in 2012. Few years later the model received a mild update. However, since then Renault is yet to introduce any major changes to its popular SUV in the Indian market.
Now, fresh spy pics of the new Renault Duster has been spied testing in India. According to Zigwheels, Renault is planning to introduce two updates on the Duster. The first will be mild facelift, which is expected to launch sometime in 2019. The other is the second-generation model of the Duster scheduled to be launched in mid-2020.
The first facelift update on the Renault Duster will receive just minor changes. These will include a reworked front and rear bumpers, new LED headlamps and tail lights, an updated cabin with a new touchscreen infotainment system featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The 2019 Renault Duster will carry forward the same engine as on the current model. This includes the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines. Both will come mated to their respective transmission units as well.
The 1.5-litre petrol engine produces 105bhp and 142Nm of torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox or a CVT transmission. The 1.5-litre diesel, on the other hand, is available in two states-of-tune: 84bhp and 200Nm of torque and 110bhp and 245Nm of torque. The diesel engine is further mated to either a six-speed manual or an optional AMT transmission.
The 2020 Renault Duster will be redesigned although it will retain some of the original Duster traits. The cabin on the 2020 Renault Duster will get a complete update as well, offering a more premium feel. The second-generation Renault Duster will also be based on the new B0 platform, which underpins the Nissan Kicks and the Renault Captur.
The petrol engine on the Renault Duster will be upgraded to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms. It will be featured on both the 2019 facelift and the next-generation 2020 Duster model as well. However, Renault might replace the current diesel engine with the new 1.5-litre blue DCi engine on the 2020 model. This will also be available in two states-of-tune: lower version produces 95bhp and 240Nm of torque and the higher version churns out 115bhp and 260Nm of torque.
Thoughts On The New Renault Duster
Renault has big plans for the Duster SUV in India. The French car maker will first launch the seven-seater Kwid-based MPV in the market, codenamed the 'RBC', before launching the Duster 2019 facelift. The second-generation Renault Duster, on the other hand, will be introduced after all the new safety and emission norms have been implemented in the country.