- 33 min ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 47 min ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- Sports PKL 2019: Haryana Steelers notch up a fighting victory over U Mumba
- News Economic slowdown very worrisome, new reforms needed: Raghuram Rajan
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 11 Premiere: Live Updates
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
With the introduction of the facelift version, sales of the new Renault Duster has increased by 61 per cent in the month of July 2019. The new Renault Duster sales in the month of July 2019 stood at 943 units; an improvement from the 534 units during the same month last year.
The increase in sales is mainly due to the introduction of added features, revised styling and the updated equipment list on the SUV. The new Renault Duster brings in a number of modern touches to its design and feature list.
The facelift version now offers a revised exterior design with an updated front grille with chrome-studded inserts, updated headlamps cluster with projector lights and integrated LED DRLs, larger bumper with a central air intake, fog lamps and skid plates surrounded by silver accents.
The side profile remains similar to the old model, however, it does come with newly designed alloy wheels, flared wheel arches and black-cladding all around; adding to the rugged looks of the SUV. The rear profile has also been updated with new LED taillights and revised styling for the tailgate.
Renault has also updated the Duster SUV to comply with all the safety norms in the country. This includes the mandatory addition of safety features such as ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, seat-belt reminders, high-speed warning, ISOFIX child seat mounts and reverse parking sensors.
The new Renault Duster facelift also meets the upcoming crash test regulations, with a re-inforced platform, bonnet and bumpers for pedestrian safety.
Inside, the new Renault Duster also comes with a refreshed dashboard, which offers a more premium and upmarket feel. It also features a brand new touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard.
Powering the new Renault Duster facelift are the same set of 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine options. The 1,498cc four-cylinder petrol unit produces 105bhp and 142Nm of torque. It is mated to either a five-speed manual or a six-speed CVT automatic gearbox.
The 1.5-litre DCi diesel engine, on the other hand, is available in two state-of-tunes. The first produces 84bhp and 200Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The higher tuned version churns out 109bhp and 245Nm of torque; mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Thoughts On The New Renault Duster Facelift Sales
The Renault Duster was initially launched quite a while back in the Indian market and received instant success. However, over the years the SUV sales dropped due to rise of stiff competition in the SUV segment, with no signs of updates on the Duster. The 2019 Renault Duster facelift continues to rival the likes of the Nissan Kicks, Hyundai Creta and the Tata Harrier in the mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market.