- 12 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Panipat Movie Review: A History Lesson That's Still Relevant In Today's Times!
- News HM Amit Shah reviews progress made in onion import that would cool prices
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Nissan Motor India has launched a new variant for its Kicks SUV in the market. The new variant called the 'XE' is offered with a price tag of Rs 9.89 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Nissan Kicks XE variant is offered with a host of additional features and safety equipment.
The new variant on the Nissan Kicks will be the base-spec trim in its lineup. With the addition of the new trim, the Nissan Kicks is now available in a total of four variants: XE, XL XV and XV Pre.
Each of the variants are offered with a number of features and technology making it a very attractive product in the Indian mid-size SUV segment.
Sriram Padmanabhan, Vice President, Marketing, Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd. stated:
"The new Nissan KICKS has generated a positive response from SUV enthusiasts from across the country. Responding to the immense interest in an entry-level diesel variant, we have introduced the new XE Diesel trim. The feature-rich new XE Diesel Trim offers a great value proposition to the consumers while ensuring best-in-class services and quality assurance."
Padmanabhan further added, "The new line up with enhanced features and price offering now makes the Nissan KICKS a frontrunner when it comes to offering the best value proposition across the diesel trim in both C & B SUV segment."
The new variant comes with over 50 additional features. This includes Auto AC, rear AC vents, cooled glove box, shark fin antenna, Bluetooth connectivity, 2 DIN audio with USB and Nissan Connect (with additional car connectivity technologies).
Nissan has also added a host of safety equipment on the Kicks SUV. This includes dual airbags, ABS with EBD, Brake assist, cooled glove box, shark fin antenna, central door lock, speed sensing auto door lock, child lock, impact sensing auto door unlock and rear parking sensors as well.
The Nissan Kicks XE diesel variant comes powered by a 1.5-litre K9K diesel engine producing 110bhp and 240Nm of torque. There is also a 1.5-litre H4K petrol engine available on the XL and XV variants. This engine churns out 105bhp and 142Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
In addition to the new variant, Nissan has also announced the availability of new warranty plans for the Kicks SUV. This includes a 5-year free warranty package with 24x7 roadside assistance. Nissan also offers best-in-class ‘cost of maintenance package' for a hassle-free ownership experience as well.
The Nissan Kicks is available in 11 colour options: Pearl White, Blade Silver, Bronze Grey, Fire Red, Amber Orange, Deep Blue Pearl, Night Shade, Fire Red/Onyx Black, Bronze Grey/Amber Orange, Pearl White/Onyx Black and Pearl White/Amber Orange.
Thoughts On The New Nissan Kicks Variant
The Nissan Kicks is the flagship model from the brand in the Indian market. The car was launched in India last year and is positioned in the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment. The Nissan Kicks rivals the likes of the Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta, MG Hector and the upcoming Kia Seltos.