- 6 hrs ago BMW G 310 GS BS6 Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Production Begins
- 10 hrs ago MG ZS EV Launched In 10 New Cities: 1000th Unit Rolled Out In India
- 11 hrs ago Renault Kwid Neotech Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4.29 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 155 & 250 New Colours Launched In India: Pics, Price & Other Details
- Technology Amazon Wow Salary Days: Offers On Electronics Days Sale
- Movies Nishabdham Movie Review: Anushka Shetty Starrer Is A Gripping And Heart Stopping Thriller!
- Education Gandhi Quiz: Mahatma Gandhi Quiz For Students On Gandhi Jayanti
- Finance Airfare Refund: Here's How Oct 1 SC Ruling Does Good To Passengers
- News Section 144 imposed around India Gate, no gathering allowed: Delhi police
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP vs MI, Highlights: Mumbai Indians climb to the top of the table with big win over Kings XI Punjab
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan Or Nora Fatehi, Who Pulled Off JJ Valaya’s Printed Belted Saree Better?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In October
New Mercedes-Benz GLE has been spotted testing on Indian roads ahead of its launch. The fourth-generation GLE will feature an all-new design with fresh interiors. The next-gen GLE is expected to launch some time next year in India and will be BS-VI complaint.
While the spy pics from AutoCarIndia do not reveal much about the next-gen GLE, the luxury SUV is expected to feature a redesigned headlamp cluster with integrated DRLs, a new grille, a revised front bumper, and a new tail-lamp cluster as well.
The new GLE will feature a longer wheelbase as compared to the current-gen GLE. As a result, the all-new GLE will have a roomier cabin - considering an increase of 69mm for legroom. It is expected to feature an advanced suspension setup as compared to the third-gen GLE.
The next-gen Mercedes GLE will feature a pair of 12.3-inch screens for an infotainment system and instrument cluster respectively. The center console will feature a touchpad and integrated grab handles.
The steering wheel features touchpads placed on them to navigate through the instrument cluster and other settings as well. Other changes on the interiors include a new climate control unit, redesigned air-conditioning vents, and subtle changes to the cabin making for a more premium feel.
Mercedes will introduce the next-gen GLE with BS-VI compliant engines. However, the SUV is expected to be launched with diesel engines at first, with a petrol engine offered at a later date.
There will be a total of three engines on offer - depending on the variants. The top-of-the-line GLE 400d variant will feature a 3.0-litre, six-cylinder diesel engine that produces 325bhp of power and 700Nm of torque.
The GLE 300d is expected to feature an all-new 2.0-litre, in-line four-cylinder diesel engine producing 241bhp of power and 500Nm of torque. The GLE's petrol variant will be powered by a 3.0-litre, in-line six-cylinder engine that produces 362bhp of power and 500Nm of torque.
All engines come mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox with the company's ‘4MATIC' permanent all-wheel drive system.
When launched, the GLE300D will rival the likes of the new BMW X5, the Land Rover Discovery, and the Audi Q5. The new-gen GLE is expected to be priced between Rs 80 lakh to Rs 90 lakh (ex-showroom,India).
Thoughts About The New Mercedes Benz GLE Spied
The GLE was part of the company's ‘ML-Class' line-up earlier. The SUV will come loaded with features and creature comforts to pamper the driver and passengers while travelling. With a robust, sporty design, modernised interiors with feel-good ambience, improved safety and driver assistance systems makes the GLE a perfect all-rounder among full-size SUVs.