- 6 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 7 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 8 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
New Mercedes-Benz GLE has been spotted testing on Indian roads ahead of its launch. The fourth-generation GLE will feature an all-new design with fresh interiors. The next-gen GLE is expected to launch some time next year in India and will be BS-VI complaint.
While the spy pics from AutoCarIndia do not reveal much about the next-gen GLE, the luxury SUV is expected to feature a redesigned headlamp cluster with integrated DRLs, a new grille, a revised front bumper, and a new tail-lamp cluster as well.
The new GLE will feature a longer wheelbase as compared to the current-gen GLE. As a result, the all-new GLE will have a roomier cabin - considering an increase of 69mm for legroom. It is expected to feature an advanced suspension setup as compared to the third-gen GLE.
The next-gen Mercedes GLE will feature a pair of 12.3-inch screens for an infotainment system and instrument cluster respectively. The center console will feature a touchpad and integrated grab handles.
The steering wheel features touchpads placed on them to navigate through the instrument cluster and other settings as well. Other changes on the interiors include a new climate control unit, redesigned air-conditioning vents, and subtle changes to the cabin making for a more premium feel.
Mercedes will introduce the next-gen GLE with BS-VI compliant engines. However, the SUV is expected to be launched with diesel engines at first, with a petrol engine offered at a later date.
There will be a total of three engines on offer - depending on the variants. The top-of-the-line GLE 400d variant will feature a 3.0-litre, six-cylinder diesel engine that produces 325bhp of power and 700Nm of torque.
The GLE 300d is expected to feature an all-new 2.0-litre, in-line four-cylinder diesel engine producing 241bhp of power and 500Nm of torque. The GLE's petrol variant will be powered by a 3.0-litre, in-line six-cylinder engine that produces 362bhp of power and 500Nm of torque.
All engines come mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox with the company's ‘4MATIC' permanent all-wheel drive system.
When launched, the GLE300D will rival the likes of the new BMW X5, the Land Rover Discovery, and the Audi Q5. The new-gen GLE is expected to be priced between Rs 80 lakh to Rs 90 lakh (ex-showroom,India).
Thoughts About The New Mercedes Benz GLE Spied
The GLE was part of the company's ‘ML-Class' line-up earlier. The SUV will come loaded with features and creature comforts to pamper the driver and passengers while travelling. With a robust, sporty design, modernised interiors with feel-good ambience, improved safety and driver assistance systems makes the GLE a perfect all-rounder among full-size SUVs.