- 8 hrs ago Jawa Owners F’rust’rated With Quality Of Motorcycles: Is This The Beginning Of The End?
- 10 hrs ago KTM Put Rumors To Rest By Shipping Duke 790s To Dealerships Across The Country
- 12 hrs ago Will BS-IV Vehicles Purchased Till March 2020 Remain Operational: Here's The Government's Decision
- 14 hrs ago Jawa Owners Cancel Bookings: Delivery Estimator Shows Increased Waiting Period & Other Problems
- News Grade A and actionable: De-coding the terror threat to Tamil Nadu
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M30s Spotted Online With Dual-Channel Wi-Fi Support
- Finance 7 Best HDFC Mutual Fund Schemes You Must Buy
- Movies Porinju Mariam Jose Box Office Collections Day 1: Makes A Solid And Promising Opening!
- Sports West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2 Highlights: Ishant takes five to put India in command
- Lifestyle Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Dress Up Like A Diva In These Yellow-Hued Ethnic Outfits
- Education ICMAI Result 2019: Direct Links And Steps To Check CMA Results 2019
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce a new premium six-seater version of their popular Ertiga MPV. The new premium Ertiga-based MPV from the brand is set to go on sale in the country from the 21st of August.
Ahead of its official launch, the new six-seater premium Maruti MPV has been spied testing. As seen from the images from GaadiWaadi, the new premium MPV can be seen completely undisguised.
The spy pics also reveal that the new six-seater MPV from Maruti Suzuki will be called the 'XL6'. The new Maruti Suzuki XL6 premium MPV also wears the Nexa stickering, indicating it will be sold exclusively through the premium dealerships of the brand in India. The 'XL6 'name will also help the premium MPV, differentiate itself from the standard Ertiga, on which it is based.
From the outside, there is not much in terms of design changes. The Maruti Suzuki XL6 does, however, come with black plastic claddings on the side of the MPV and on the wheel arches as well. This gives the premium MPV a more sporty and muscular look. Other external changes are yet to be confirmed officially, which will be known closer to the launch date.
Inside, the new Maruti premium MPV 'XL6' will come with individual captain seats in both the second and third-row; replacing the bench seats. It will carry forward most of the features from the standard MPV model, while also featuring a number of additional equipment as well.
Powering the new premium MPV will be the same 1.5-litre petrol with Maruti's SHVS (mild-hybrid) engine. It produces 105bhp and 138Nm of torque; mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic. The engine on the Maruti XL6, however, is said to be BS-VI compliant; making it the first product to receive the upgraded 1.5-litre engine.
Thoughts On The New Premium Maruti Suzuki XL6 MPV
The new premium XL6 MPV from Maruti Suzuki will offer a host of updated features and added equipment. Sold exclusively through the brand's premium Nexa dealerships, the XL6 MPV will also be priced higher than the standard Ertiga offering. It will, however, continue to rival the same competitors in the segment, including the Mahindra Marazzo, Toyota Innova Crysta and the upcoming Renault Triber.