- 46 min ago Hyundai Kona To Become First Electric Vehicle To Reach Mt. Everest’s North Base Camp
- 2 hrs ago Tata Altroz First Drive Review: The Brand-New Contender In The Premium Hatchback Segment
- 2 hrs ago Automated Social Media Storyteller KOGO Showcased In India: Priced At Rs 7,750
- 6 hrs ago New Michelin Energy XM2+ Tyre Range Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5,090
- Sports I want to get where Kohli is today: Babar Azam
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Rashami Desai Wants To End Her Relationship With Arhaan Khan?
- News JU, Presi students take out rallies against police action in Jamia
- Technology BSNL Reduces Validity For Its Prepaid Plans In Kerala Circle: Report
- Lifestyle How To Ace Kareena Kapoor’s Go-To Make-up Look In 5 Minutes
- Finance How To Recharge FASTag Using BHIM App?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Karnataka During The Christmas Holidays
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce a new premium six-seater version of their popular Ertiga MPV. The new premium Ertiga-based MPV from the brand is set to go on sale in the country from the 21st of August.
Ahead of its official launch, the new six-seater premium Maruti MPV has been spied testing. As seen from the images from GaadiWaadi, the new premium MPV can be seen completely undisguised.
The spy pics also reveal that the new six-seater MPV from Maruti Suzuki will be called the 'XL6'. The new Maruti Suzuki XL6 premium MPV also wears the Nexa stickering, indicating it will be sold exclusively through the premium dealerships of the brand in India. The 'XL6 'name will also help the premium MPV, differentiate itself from the standard Ertiga, on which it is based.
From the outside, there is not much in terms of design changes. The Maruti Suzuki XL6 does, however, come with black plastic claddings on the side of the MPV and on the wheel arches as well. This gives the premium MPV a more sporty and muscular look. Other external changes are yet to be confirmed officially, which will be known closer to the launch date.
Inside, the new Maruti premium MPV 'XL6' will come with individual captain seats in both the second and third-row; replacing the bench seats. It will carry forward most of the features from the standard MPV model, while also featuring a number of additional equipment as well.
Powering the new premium MPV will be the same 1.5-litre petrol with Maruti's SHVS (mild-hybrid) engine. It produces 105bhp and 138Nm of torque; mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic. The engine on the Maruti XL6, however, is said to be BS-VI compliant; making it the first product to receive the upgraded 1.5-litre engine.
Thoughts On The New Premium Maruti Suzuki XL6 MPV
The new premium XL6 MPV from Maruti Suzuki will offer a host of updated features and added equipment. Sold exclusively through the brand's premium Nexa dealerships, the XL6 MPV will also be priced higher than the standard Ertiga offering. It will, however, continue to rival the same competitors in the segment, including the Mahindra Marazzo, Toyota Innova Crysta and the upcoming Renault Triber.