- 16 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 19 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- News Meet AIMIM's Imtiaz Jaleel, first MP elected to Parliament from Maharashtra in 15 years
- Sports Bayern Munich 3 RB Leipzig 0: Lewandowski's brace helps secure domestic double
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on a new seven-seater MPV based on the Wagon R hatchback for the Indian market. The new Maruti Wagon R seven-seater MPV is expected to go on sale in India sometime in June.
According to reports from carandbike, the new seven-seater Wagon R will be sold exclusively through the brand's premium NEXA dealerships. However, Maruti Suzuki is said to still finalise the decision for the seven-seater Wagon R.
Maruti wants to offer the new Maruti Wagon R seven-seater MPV as a premium offering, loaded with all the features and equipment. This is one of the reasons, they have selected Nexa, instead of their Arena showrooms.
However, the decision for the launch of the seven-seater version of the Wagon R is still to be made. According to reports, the sales of the new Maruti Wagon R has reduced compared to its previous generation models, as the hatchback is now placed slightly higher due to the new (HEARTECT) platform.
Unlike the previous generation models, the new Wagon R doesn't bring in the same level of volume sales for the company. However, Maruti Suzuki feels that the sales of the new Wagon R could be complimented by the introduction of the seven-seater MPV variant.
Once launched in the Indian market, Maruti Suzuki could also offer the sub-four-metre MPV with a new nameplate. Ahead of the launch of the new Maruti Wagon R, there were rumours of the new Wagon R-based MPV being named 'Solio'.
The new Wagon R seven-seater MPV will likely carry forward the same 1.2-litre petrol engine powering the hatchback. This 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol unit produces 82bhp and 113Nm of torque; mated to either a five-speed manual or the optional AGS transmission.
Thoughts On The Maruti Wagon R Seven-Seater MPV
The new Maruti Wagon R seven-seater MPV will be offered as a premium MPV offering, which will differentiate it from the Ertiga. Once launched in India, it will take on other sub-four-metre MPVs in the segment such as the Datsun GO+ and the upcoming Renault Triber MPV. There is yet no information regarding the pricing of the upcoming Wagon R seven-seater MPV.