- 6 hrs ago Ackodrive Moves Its Sales Completely Online Amidst Lockdown
- 7 hrs ago Toyota To Hike Prices Of Vellfire & Camry Hybrid Models In India From July: Here Are The Details
- 8 hrs ago TVS Ntorq 125 BS6 Prices Increase Marginally Across All Variants: Here Are The New Prices
- 8 hrs ago Ashok Leyland Introduces AVTR Modular Truck Platform Along With BS6 Compliant Engines
- Movies Bollywood Producer Anil Suri Passes Away Due To COVID-19; Was Denied Bed In Top Hospital
- News UN report on terrorism reiterates what Pak PM publicly 'confessed': India
- Sports Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni, Jasprit Bumrah feature in Aaron Finch's all-time India-Australia combined XI; Rohit ignored
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 Vs Other Smartphones Under Rs. 25,000
- Lifestyle Arranged Marriage Problems? Here Are Solution To These 7 Issues That You May Face
- Finance L&T Q4 Net Profit Falls 6.5%; Announces Rs 8/Share Dividend
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on a new seven-seater MPV based on the Wagon R hatchback for the Indian market. The new Maruti Wagon R seven-seater MPV is expected to go on sale in India sometime in June.
According to reports from carandbike, the new seven-seater Wagon R will be sold exclusively through the brand's premium NEXA dealerships. However, Maruti Suzuki is said to still finalise the decision for the seven-seater Wagon R.
Maruti wants to offer the new Maruti Wagon R seven-seater MPV as a premium offering, loaded with all the features and equipment. This is one of the reasons, they have selected Nexa, instead of their Arena showrooms.
However, the decision for the launch of the seven-seater version of the Wagon R is still to be made. According to reports, the sales of the new Maruti Wagon R has reduced compared to its previous generation models, as the hatchback is now placed slightly higher due to the new (HEARTECT) platform.
Unlike the previous generation models, the new Wagon R doesn't bring in the same level of volume sales for the company. However, Maruti Suzuki feels that the sales of the new Wagon R could be complimented by the introduction of the seven-seater MPV variant.
Once launched in the Indian market, Maruti Suzuki could also offer the sub-four-metre MPV with a new nameplate. Ahead of the launch of the new Maruti Wagon R, there were rumours of the new Wagon R-based MPV being named 'Solio'.
The new Wagon R seven-seater MPV will likely carry forward the same 1.2-litre petrol engine powering the hatchback. This 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol unit produces 82bhp and 113Nm of torque; mated to either a five-speed manual or the optional AGS transmission.
Thoughts On The Maruti Wagon R Seven-Seater MPV
The new Maruti Wagon R seven-seater MPV will be offered as a premium MPV offering, which will differentiate it from the Ertiga. Once launched in India, it will take on other sub-four-metre MPVs in the segment such as the Datsun GO+ and the upcoming Renault Triber MPV. There is yet no information regarding the pricing of the upcoming Wagon R seven-seater MPV.