- 15 hrs ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 16 hrs ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 17 hrs ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 17 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Warm-up game, West Indies A vs India: Pujara 100 and Rohit 68 take visitors to 297/5 on Day 1
- News Yediyurappa says CBI to probe into alleged phone tapping scandal
- Movies Mission Mangal vs Batla House THIRD DAY Box Office Collections
- Technology Office vs Office 365: Key differences you should know
- Lifestyle Does Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman’s Sex Drive?
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on a new seven-seater MPV based on the Wagon R hatchback for the Indian market. The new Maruti Wagon R seven-seater MPV is expected to go on sale in India sometime in June.
According to reports from carandbike, the new seven-seater Wagon R will be sold exclusively through the brand's premium NEXA dealerships. However, Maruti Suzuki is said to still finalise the decision for the seven-seater Wagon R.
Maruti wants to offer the new Maruti Wagon R seven-seater MPV as a premium offering, loaded with all the features and equipment. This is one of the reasons, they have selected Nexa, instead of their Arena showrooms.
However, the decision for the launch of the seven-seater version of the Wagon R is still to be made. According to reports, the sales of the new Maruti Wagon R has reduced compared to its previous generation models, as the hatchback is now placed slightly higher due to the new (HEARTECT) platform.
Unlike the previous generation models, the new Wagon R doesn't bring in the same level of volume sales for the company. However, Maruti Suzuki feels that the sales of the new Wagon R could be complimented by the introduction of the seven-seater MPV variant.
Once launched in the Indian market, Maruti Suzuki could also offer the sub-four-metre MPV with a new nameplate. Ahead of the launch of the new Maruti Wagon R, there were rumours of the new Wagon R-based MPV being named 'Solio'.
The new Wagon R seven-seater MPV will likely carry forward the same 1.2-litre petrol engine powering the hatchback. This 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol unit produces 82bhp and 113Nm of torque; mated to either a five-speed manual or the optional AGS transmission.
Thoughts On The Maruti Wagon R Seven-Seater MPV
The new Maruti Wagon R seven-seater MPV will be offered as a premium MPV offering, which will differentiate it from the Ertiga. Once launched in India, it will take on other sub-four-metre MPVs in the segment such as the Datsun GO+ and the upcoming Renault Triber MPV. There is yet no information regarding the pricing of the upcoming Wagon R seven-seater MPV.