- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Movies Priyanka Chopra's Take On ‘Girl Don’t Yell’ Controversy With Pak Woman: ‘Have Never Been Pro-War’
- News Why give death penalty when Delhi air is reducing life? Nirbhaya convict moves SC
- Sports Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, 1st Test: Having Mickey with us is big advantage, says Karunaratne
- Lifestyle Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Technology Airtel Launches VoWiFi Service In Delhi-NCR: List Of Compatible Smartphones
- Finance Ujjivan Small Finance Bank IPO: How To Check Allotment Status?
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Mahindra, is gearing up to release their BS-VI compliant models in India by next year. Ahead of its launch the XUV500 SUV has been spotted testing on Indian roads.
The spy pic from Gaadiwaadi reveal a current-gen XUV500 test mule equipped with emission equipment for testing the pollution coming out the BS-VI engine. The mule spotted could be fitted with Mahindra's all-new BS-VI compliant 2.0-litre diesel engine.
Mahindra will introduce the all-new 2.0-litre diesel engine in different states of tune as well. The current-gen XUV500 is powered by a 2.2-litre turbo-diesel engine that develops 155bhp and 360Nm of torque. We expect the upcoming 2.0-litre engine to develop more power than the current unit. The new engine will be shared among other models in Mahindra's line-up. This includes next-gen XUV500, 2020 Thar and the next-gen Scorpio.
Apart from the new diesel engine, the company is also said to be working on a BS6-compliant 2.0-litre petrol engine as well. The new petrol engine is expected to power the next-gen XUV500 and the 2020 Scorpio.
Alongside testing BS-VI model of the current-gen SUV, Mahindra is also said to be working on a next-generation XUV500 as well. The next-gen model of the is expected to receive a complete overhaul inside out as the current-generation model which went on sale over 9 years ago.
The exterior of the next-gen SUV is expected to feature a new front end. This includes revised bumpers, headlights and a new grille. Rear of the next-gen XUV500 could also feature some subtle design changes with revised tail-lamps.
On the inside, the next-gen SUV is expected to feature a major design change starting with a new touchscreen infotainment system. It could also feature smart connectivity to further enhance the features. We sure hope that the center console will feature lesser buttons with the next iteration of the SUV.
Once launched the new SUV will rival against the Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass, MG Hector and the upcoming Hyundai Creta facelift.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied
Mahindra is in full swing testing their models to comply with the BS-VI emission norms, ahead of the deadline next year. We expect a series of launches from the company starting next year. This includes the new-gen Thar, TUV 300, TUV 300 Plus and the XUV 500. The company seems to have a lot on their plate. However, the Mahindra-Ford JV will give a boost to the company to prepare for launches, because of the shared technology.