- 36 min ago Miniature Royal Enfield Bullet With Electric Drivetrain Built By Man For His Son
- 1 hr ago New Mercedes-Benz GLE Spotted Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Gaurav Gill & Navigator Booked For INRC Accident At Jodhpur: State Government Orders Enquiry
- 3 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Launched in India: Priced At Rs 8.63 Lakh
- Movies FIRST PICTURE! Amy Jackson & Her Fiance George Panayiotou Welcome A Baby Boy!
- Lifestyle Leukaemia : Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention And Treatment
- Sports Madhav Apte: A Mumbai khadoos who never got bitter
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G Prices Leaked Ahead Of Launch; Is It Cheapest 5G Phone Yet?
- News Kedarnath: Six passengers injured after UTair India helicopter crash-lands during take-off
- Finance Thomas Cook Group Collapse Not To Affect Thomas Cook India
- Travel Places To Visit In October In India
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
Mahindra & Mahindra is expected to launch the next generation Thar in the Indian market sometime next year. The vehicle is also expected to make its global debut at the 2020 Auto Expo in February.
The new upcoming Thar could get a new design inspired by the Mahindra Scorpio. Here are a few pictures of the Vehicles, which was clicked by GaadiWaadi during the mule tests on our roads.
The very first thing that is noticeable is that the upcoming Thar has gained a few pounds and looks much bigger than the outgoing model. The Thar was launched back in 2010 and since then it has gained a lot of popularity amongst enthusiasts who love going off-road.
In terms of design, The 2020 Thar gets bigger horizontal front grille slats, also, the front bumper and flared wheel arches of the off-roader have been tweaked a bit. From the pictures, it is also noticed that the car gets the same basic round halogen headlights.
However, the rear end gets some subtle changes which also include a bigger tail lamp. It is expected that the underpinning will be shared by the Scorpio so that the Thar can meet the pedestrian crash test standards. It is also possible that the upcoming Thar will feature both hard and soft tops and the third-row seats might be front facing.
Under the hood, the 2020 Thar is expected to get a new 2.0-litre, BS6, diesel engine which will be mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. However, it will continue to get a 4WD option with a low-range gearbox, like the current generation one has.
Speaking about the interiors, the car will be fitted with a revised dashboard, new instrument cluster with digital MID screen and a new steering wheel. It is also possible that the that might get a new touch screen infotainment system.
Thoughts About The Secong Generation Mahindra Thar
Since its inception, the Thar has been an excellent vehicle especially, for people who love off-roading and are ready to explore any part of the country. Mahindra, by launching the new Thar will take the off-road experience a notch higher by introducing some safety features along with the modern gizmos.