- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan: 'I'll Be Lying If I Say I Really Struggled'
- Sports Pakistan will not play any home series on neutral venue: PCB chief Mani
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Japanese auto manufacturer Lexus, is all set to introduce their ES 300h BS-VI model to the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, a leaked document revealed by IAB showcase the Lexus ES 300h model receiving BS-VI certification by the India pollution board.
The document reveals the upcoming luxury sedan to be powered by the same petrol-hybrid engine, which is featured on the current model. The BS-VI compliant engine produces max power of 175.6bhp at 5700rpm, which is also the same as the BS-IV spec unit.
The petrol-hybrid powertrain is a combination of 2.5-litre four-cylinder engine and an electric motor with a maximum output of 88kW. Although, the document does not reveal the torque figures; we expect it to remain the same at 213Nm.
The petrol-hybrid engine comes mated to an e-CVT automatic transmission offering maximum performance and smoother gear shifts. The Lexus ES 300h is capable of accelerating from 0kmph to 100kmph in 8.5 seconds with a top speed of 180km/h.
The document also reveals the dimension of the upcoming luxury sedan, which is slightly revised from the current model. The ES 300h BS-VI is now 60mm longer, 45mm wider and 5mm taller, as compared to the current model. However, the wheelbase of the new model remains the same at 2870mm. This indicates the upcoming model could feature a revised styling and new body panels.
Apart from this we expect the luxury sedan to carry forward all the features from the current model to the upcoming BS-VI ES 300h. The exterior of the ES 300h features company's unique looking front grille, LED headlamps with DRLs, LED tail-lamps, and turn indicators. It also features cornering lamps to provide extra visibility as well.
On the inside, the Lexus ES300h features premium quality materials and soft touch plastics to offer luxurious cabin. This includes a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment display, heated and powered seats for first and second row, ventilated seats for driver and passenger seats, leather upholstery, mood lighting across the cabin, three-zone climate control; among others. The premium cabin feel is further enhanced by featuring a moon-roof as well.
The luxury sedan features standard safety equipment offering maximum crash protection. This includes 10 Airbags, ABS with EBD, hill start assist, impact sensing fuel cutoff and more. The ES 300h is currently priced at 59.95 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). We expect the price to increase slightly for the upcoming BS-VI model.
Thoughts About The Lexus ES 300h BS-VI
Lexus is a premium luxury brand from Toyota. The 300h offers maximum luxury with premium features for a royal touch. The sedan also features a good amount of safety equipment as well to keep the passengers inside safe and sound. With a combination of Toyota's reliability and Lexus's premium feel, the customers can be rest assured that they will be in for a treat driving their ES 300h in ultra luxury.