- 1 day ago Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo & Vento TSI Limited-Edition Models Removed From The Company Website
- 1 day ago KTM RC 200 Modified With Parts From Autologue Design: Wrapped By Zed One
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Launches Car Safety Accessories: Air Purifiers, Separation Films And More
- Sports Styrian Grand Prix: Hamilton storms to first win of the season as Ferrari duo crash
- News We are with Congress, no controversy: Rajasthan MLAs who went to Delhi
- Movies Post Parth Samthaan, Creative Head Of Balaji Telefilms Tanushri Dasgupta Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Finance Rossari Biotech IPO Opens July 13: Should You Invest?
- Technology Fitness Tracker Or Smartwatch; What Is The Right Choice For You?
- Lifestyle Radhe Shyam Actress Pooja Hegde Sure Knows How To Make A Yellow Splash With Her Outfits
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Land Rover unveiled the iconic Defender SUV in the US, earlier this year. Since its global unveil, the 2020 Land Rover Defender has created quite a buzz, garnering a lot of demand in international markets.
Now, carandbike reports that the 2020 Land Rover Defender will make its way to the Indian market as well. According to the reports, the iconic SUV is expected to go on sale in India sometime in mid-2020 (around June).
Land Rover will introduce the Defender 110 (the long-wheelbase variant) first in the Indian market. The smaller Land Rover Defender 90, will go on sale in India later by December 2020.
Initially, the Land Rover Defender will be imported into the Indian market as a CBU (Completely Built Unit). However, by late-2021, Land Rover plans to start local assembly of the Defender in India, allowing it to be brought in as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit.
The Land Rover Defender in India will be available with a choice of four variants: Standard, S, SE and HSE. All variants of the Land Rover Defender will come with a host of features and equipment.
The higher-spec SE and HSE further receive additional features such as ClearSight, 360-degree camera, virtual instrument cluster, premium leather upholstery, blind-spot warning and a host of other driver aids.
All variants of the Defender will also come with a host of accessories. Land Rover also offers the new Defender with a series of accessory packages. This includes the Urban Pack, Country Pack, Adventure Pack & Explorer Pack — each of them made to take on different terrains.
The new Land Rover Defender in India will come with a single-engine option. This includes a 296bhp 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium petrol unit, mated to an automatic transmission as standard. The Defender will come with an AWD (all-wheel drive) system as standard.
Thoughts On The Land Rover Defender India Launch
The Land Rover Defender once launched in India will be priced in the range of Rs 90 lakh for the long-wheelbase variant. The smaller Defender 90 is expected to come with a price tag of around Rs 70 lakh, ex-showroom. The Land Rover Defender in India will rival the likes of the Jeep Wrangler and the recently introduced Mercedes-Benz G350d.