- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 4 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 4 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Bharti Airtel 3rd Top Performing Telecom Share In 2019 Globally
- Movies Taimur Ali Khan And Inaaya Naumi Kemmu Have Their Eyes On The Cake In This Fam-Jam Picture!
- Technology Netflix Likely Tests Long-Term Subscription Plans With Up To 50% Discount In India
- News Bengaluru metro to extend train services till midnight from Jan 1, 2020
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit Nene Flaunts A Pale Yellow Floral Sari And We Can’t Stop Gazing At It
- Sports Can Manchester United hit rest of the Premier League with 'big six' form?
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Land Rover unveiled the iconic Defender SUV in the US, earlier this year. Since its global unveil, the 2020 Land Rover Defender has created quite a buzz, garnering a lot of demand in international markets.
Now, carandbike reports that the 2020 Land Rover Defender will make its way to the Indian market as well. According to the reports, the iconic SUV is expected to go on sale in India sometime in mid-2020 (around June).
Land Rover will introduce the Defender 110 (the long-wheelbase variant) first in the Indian market. The smaller Land Rover Defender 90, will go on sale in India later by December 2020.
Initially, the Land Rover Defender will be imported into the Indian market as a CBU (Completely Built Unit). However, by late-2021, Land Rover plans to start local assembly of the Defender in India, allowing it to be brought in as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit.
The Land Rover Defender in India will be available with a choice of four variants: Standard, S, SE and HSE. All variants of the Land Rover Defender will come with a host of features and equipment.
The higher-spec SE and HSE further receive additional features such as ClearSight, 360-degree camera, virtual instrument cluster, premium leather upholstery, blind-spot warning and a host of other driver aids.
All variants of the Defender will also come with a host of accessories. Land Rover also offers the new Defender with a series of accessory packages. This includes the Urban Pack, Country Pack, Adventure Pack & Explorer Pack — each of them made to take on different terrains.
The new Land Rover Defender in India will come with a single-engine option. This includes a 296bhp 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium petrol unit, mated to an automatic transmission as standard. The Defender will come with an AWD (all-wheel drive) system as standard.
Thoughts On The Land Rover Defender India Launch
The Land Rover Defender once launched in India will be priced in the range of Rs 90 lakh for the long-wheelbase variant. The smaller Defender 90 is expected to come with a price tag of around Rs 70 lakh, ex-showroom. The Land Rover Defender in India will rival the likes of the Jeep Wrangler and the recently introduced Mercedes-Benz G350d.