- 8 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 10 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 10 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 11 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports ICC World Cup: Lower-order need to be ready as top-order can go off in overcast conditions: Kohli
- News 2019 mandate liberated India from ailments of dynasty, casteism and appeasement: Amit Shah
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Movies When This Top Actress’s Shocking Remark About Suriya Upset Fans
- Technology How to make your Android device safe for kids
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Kia Motor is all set to introduce its first product in the Indian market, the SP SUV. Kia showcased the SP Concept at the 2018 Auto Expo and since then the production-spec model has been spied testing on multiple occasions as well.
Kia has confirmed the launch of the new SUV in India sometime in September 2019. Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, the production-spec Kia SP concept has been spied testing once again on the streets of India.
The Kia SP SUV, codenamed the SP2i is said to be based on the same platform as the next-generation Hyundai Creta, which was recently previewed as the ix25 in china, earlier this month. Kia is yet to reveal the official name for their upcoming SUV, which is likely to be called either the Trailster or the Tusker.
Fresh spy pics of the upcoming Kia SP SUV showcases a fully camouflaged car. The production-spec Kia SP is said to offer sporty headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, signature tiger nose grille up front, LED tail lights, stylish alloy wheels and distinctive lines and creases all around the SUV. Kia will also offer their new SUV with an attractive dual-tone colour scheme as well.
Inside, the new Kia SUV will feature a number of features and equipments as standard. Some of them include steering-mounted controls, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, fully-digital instrument cluster, keyless entry, push-button start/stop, electric sunroof, height-adjustable driver seats and automatic climate control, among others.
Safety features on the upcoming Kia SP SUV: ABS, ISOFIX child-seat mounts, traction control, dual airbags, reverse parking sensors, seat-belt reminders, high-speed alert and speed-sensing door lock and unlock.
In terms of mechanicals, the upcoming Kia SP SUV is said to be powered by same petrol and diesel engine options as on the Hyundai Creta. This includes a choice of three engines; 2 diesel and one petrol - 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre diesel units and a 1.6-litre petrol engine.
Kia has already started trial production of the Kia SP SUV at its facility in Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh. We got to visit the Kia plant recently and came out impressed with the massive scale of the facility, situated on the bordering district between Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka — here are more details from our Kia plant visit.
Thoughts On The Kia SP SUV Spy Pics
Kia is said to start production of the SUV sometime in August, with a launch slated for September 2019. The new Kia SP SUV will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass, Nissan Kicks, Tata Harrier and the Mahindra XUV500 in the Indian market. The Korean carmaker is expected to price the new SUV somewhere in the range of Rs 10 to 16 lakh, ex-showroom.
Image Courtesy: PowerDrift