- 18 min ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Gets Five-Year Warranty — Aims To Beat Hyundai Venue & Mahindra XUV300
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Burgman Street 125 Launched In New Matte Black Paint Scheme — Priced At Rs 69,208
- Sports Asia Junior Championships 2019: Brave efforts of Meiraba in vain as India bow out of Mixed Team Event
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K20 Series Gets HDR Netflix, June Security Patch Via Latest Update
- News Mumbai: Fire breaks out at MTNL building in Bandra
- Movies Parth Samthaan & Niti Taylor's Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan Turns 5; Fans Recall MaNan's Magical Moments
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Lifestyle 60 Birds Fall To Death From Sky; Mass Poisoning Suspected
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019 Likely To Be Out Soon
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Kia Motor is all set to introduce its first product in the Indian market, the SP SUV. Kia showcased the SP Concept at the 2018 Auto Expo and since then the production-spec model has been spied testing on multiple occasions as well.
Kia has confirmed the launch of the new SUV in India sometime in September 2019. Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, the production-spec Kia SP concept has been spied testing once again on the streets of India.
The Kia SP SUV, codenamed the SP2i is said to be based on the same platform as the next-generation Hyundai Creta, which was recently previewed as the ix25 in china, earlier this month. Kia is yet to reveal the official name for their upcoming SUV, which is likely to be called either the Trailster or the Tusker.
Fresh spy pics of the upcoming Kia SP SUV showcases a fully camouflaged car. The production-spec Kia SP is said to offer sporty headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, signature tiger nose grille up front, LED tail lights, stylish alloy wheels and distinctive lines and creases all around the SUV. Kia will also offer their new SUV with an attractive dual-tone colour scheme as well.
Inside, the new Kia SUV will feature a number of features and equipments as standard. Some of them include steering-mounted controls, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, fully-digital instrument cluster, keyless entry, push-button start/stop, electric sunroof, height-adjustable driver seats and automatic climate control, among others.
Safety features on the upcoming Kia SP SUV: ABS, ISOFIX child-seat mounts, traction control, dual airbags, reverse parking sensors, seat-belt reminders, high-speed alert and speed-sensing door lock and unlock.
In terms of mechanicals, the upcoming Kia SP SUV is said to be powered by same petrol and diesel engine options as on the Hyundai Creta. This includes a choice of three engines; 2 diesel and one petrol - 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre diesel units and a 1.6-litre petrol engine.
Kia has already started trial production of the Kia SP SUV at its facility in Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh. We got to visit the Kia plant recently and came out impressed with the massive scale of the facility, situated on the bordering district between Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka — here are more details from our Kia plant visit.
Thoughts On The Kia SP SUV Spy Pics
Kia is said to start production of the SUV sometime in August, with a launch slated for September 2019. The new Kia SP SUV will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass, Nissan Kicks, Tata Harrier and the Mahindra XUV500 in the Indian market. The Korean carmaker is expected to price the new SUV somewhere in the range of Rs 10 to 16 lakh, ex-showroom.
Image Courtesy: PowerDrift