- 6 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 7 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 8 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
South Korean auto manufacturer, Kia Motors are considering importing five new models for the Indian market. This includes two EVs (Soul & Niro) along with the Telluride, Sorento and their flagship sedan, the Stinger.
According to ET Auto, Kia is planning to import these models to Indian shores via the CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route. The models are expected to be assembled at the company's Anantapur plant in Andhra Pradesh.
The Indian government recently updated the import rules in the country. According to the new rules the taxes for import duties have now been reduced to support auto manufacturers in bringing their vehicles either as a CBU or CKD units.
The new import rule also enables the auto manufacturers to import 2500 vehicles through the CKD and CBU channels every year, without the need for homologation. However, the imported vehicles should meet the international automotive standards.
To support the cars being imported through CKD route, the company has set up a separate assembly line alongside the production area of the Seltos SUV. Kia Motors want to target the CKD route as the import duties are half, as compared to CBU route. The company also confirms that the plant can handle manufacturing and assembly of electric vehicles in the same plant.
Kia aims to establish itself as the premium brand in Indian market. They also aim to target the entire price range between Rs 10 lakh to Rs 50 lakh, by launching multiple models from the company's international line-up in the coming years.
To start off the EV line-up in India, the company could introduce either the Soul EV or Niro EV. Apart from electric vehicles, the company also plans to bring in their flagship sedan, the Stinger; first showcased in India at the Auto Expo 2018.
Kia Sorento, the brand's mid-size SUV launch might get delayed in India as the international model is scheduled for a facelift early next year. However, Kia's next product to the Indian market has been confirmed to be the Carnival MPV. The seven-seater MPV is scheduled for a launch next year and is expected to be showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo.
Kia made a huge statement with the launch of Seltos in Indian market. The Seltos has already registered over 6,000 units in sales since its launch, making it the best mid-size SUV in the Indian market, overtaking its cousin the Hyundai Creta. The car has also been nominated for the ‘World Car of the Year' Award 2019 —here are the details.
Thoughts About The New Kia Cars Considered For Indian Market
Kia Motors has already created quite a buzz in the Indian market with the Seltos SUV. The company is now looking at increasing five more models in the Indian market, across a number of segments. The company will also planning to import the vehicles via the CKD route, allowing the company to price the upcoming models competitively in India.