- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Movies Prabhas Vs Yash: Did Saaho Secure More Views Than KGF On Amazon Prime? The Truth Is Out
- News 289 declared foreigners detained in Assam in 2019; 227 deported: Govt
- Lifestyle Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Sports If Dhoni decides he is good enough to continue, don't mess around with that: Ravi Shastri
- Technology Airtel Launches VoWiFi Service In Delhi-NCR: List Of Compatible Smartphones
- Finance Ujjivan Small Finance Bank IPO: How To Check Allotment Status?
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Kia Motors India is on high ground with over 50,000 bookings for its first offering for the country — the Kia Seltos compact SUV. The company is now gearing up to expand its product portfolio for India. The Kia Carnival MPV will be the brands second offering for the Indian markets, and there is a third in the pipeline too.
The Carnival MPV is set to make is domestic debut at the Delhi Auto Expo 2020, and the company says they will start deliveries during the same month. The Carnival will arrive in its current-generation (third) form and not a new-generation version as has been reported.
The third-generation Kia Carnival has been around since 2015, and received a mid-cycle facelift this year. The MPV is retailed as the Kia Sedona in international markets. Kia will offer an India spec model domestically.
We expect the India specific Kia Carnival will feature some design changes, more trims and variants, and be more premium and luxurious than in other markets. Kia Motors India wants to establish the Carnival as the luxury benchmark in the segment, and we expect the company to top the Toyota Innova Crysta as far as features are concerned.
We the Kia Carnival to feature an electronic sliding rear door, leather seating, a large sunroof, an 8-inch touchscreen that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, a connected car app and internet services (UVO Connect), and ambient lighting.
Kia may also offer an air purifier, multiple airbags, ISOFIX child seat anchors, active and passive safety features like EBD, ABS, and traction control. In addition the vehicle will feature active cruise control, and a seven or eight seat layout. We expect the Carnival to feature a 2.2-litre diesel with an automatic transmission.
The third offering from Kia is expected to be a subcompact SUV codenamed QYI (called QY internally). Kia is planning to build the QYI under the make-in-India scheme and the vehicle may make its global debut at the Delhi Auto Expo 2020.
We expect the QYI subcompact SUV to offer similar equipment and features as seen on the Seltos, however if rumors are true, the vehicle is said to be youthful and fun. We expect vibrant colours, and heavy customization options.
The QYI subcompact SUV is likely to arrive with with multiple transmission options just like the Seltos. We expect the vehicle to feature a touchscreen infotainment system and UVO Connect options, along with the truck load of safety and creature comforts that are featured on the Seltos.
Kia Motors India will gun for volumes with the QYI subcompact SUV, and will target the premium MPV space with the Carnival. We expect the vehicles to be priced roughly at Rs 7.5 lakh and Rs 29 lakh, respectively. Prices, as always, are ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The Carnival And QYI Offerings From Kia Motors India
Kia Motors is definitely on a roll right now and the company wants to use the momentum to its potential. The Carnival and the QYI are definitely destined for a bright future and the success of both these vehicles will cement Kia's standings in the Indian market. They brought us the best of the best with the Seltos, and it is just a matter of time before they dominate the other segments. We're sure competition must be stressed at what Kia will offer in both these cars, and we can't help but chuckle.