- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan: 'I'll Be Lying If I Say I Really Struggled'
- Sports Pakistan will not play any home series on neutral venue: PCB chief Mani
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
New Hyundai i20 Active has been spotted testing ahead of its expected debut at the 2020 Auto Expo. The spy pics from Rushlane reveal a heavily camouflaged mule testing in Delhi, with an Andhra Pradesh number plate.
The new-gen i20 hatchback was also spotted testing in Europe a couple of months ago and has now been spotted testing on Indian roads. The new-gen i20 is expected to be built at the Kia's plant in Andhra Pradesh as compared to the current model being manufactured at the Hyundai's Chennai plant.
The new-gen i20 Elite and Active will feature a new BS-VI complaint engines with both petrol and diesel variants. Hyundai is expected to carry forward the 1.2-litre petrol engine featured on the current model to make it BS-VI complaint.
The 1.2-litre four-cylinder engine produces 82bhp and 115Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed automatic CVT unit.
However, the 1.4-litre diesel engine featured on the current model will not be carried to the new-gen models. Instead, the company will replace it with the 1.5-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine that is featured on the Kia Seltos SUV. The BS-VI compliant diesel engine on the Seltos produces 114bhp and 250Nm of torque.
The company is also expected to feature the i20 with a 1.0-litre petrol engine featured on the Venue compact-SUV. The 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine produces 118bhp and 172Nm of torque. The i20 will become is expected to feature serious performance figure by featuring this engine.
The new-gen i20 is also expected to be feature revised interior and exterior design. The new hatchback would include a new dual tone alloy wheels, larger hexagonal grille, new headlamps, fog lamps and LED tail-lamp design.
On the inside, the new-gen hatchback is expected to feature a new dashboard design with improved smart connectivity features, which enables more control of the car through the smartphone and voice commands. The new-gen i20 is also expected to feature a sun-roof and new upholstery to make adding to the pleasant cabin feel.
The new-gen i20 is expected to be priced higher than the current model because of new features and a BS-VI compliant engine. The new-gen i20 when launched, will rival against the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo and soon to be launched Tata Altroz.
Thoughts About The New Hyundai i20 Active Spied
Hyundai has always managed to offer their models with segment first features. We expect the company to do the same with the upcoming new-gen hatchback as well. The new-gen i20, if featured with the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine will rival the likes of the Polo GT as well.