- 22 min ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 32 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- 2 hrs ago Renault Triber First Drive Review — The Budget Friendly MPV
- Movies Otha Seruppu Size 7 Is A Must-watch: Critics Hail Parthiban's Latest!
- Lifestyle Chemicals In Beauty Products May Harm Women's Reproductive Hormones, Says Study
- News Never asked for imposing Hindi over other regional languages: Amit Shah
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Sports India vs South Africa: 2nd T20I Live Update: India, SA eager for win in Mohali
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Hyundai is working on introducing the next-generation Elite i20 hatchback in the Indian market. The new Hyundai Elite i20 is expected to go on sale in India sometime in 2020. Ahead of its launch, the next-gen Elite i20 hatchback has been spied testing in the country.
As seen from the spy pics released by Motor Vikatan, the new Hyundai Elite i20 can be seen completely camouflaged undergoing extensive testing in the state of Tamil Nadu. The new Elite i20 hatchback is said to receive major updates to both its exterior and interiors.
The new premium hatchback will be updated to the latest design language of Hyundai, something similar to that of the recently launched Venue SUV. The 2020 Elite i20 will receive major cosmetic updates, while also getting a revised engine; complying with the upcoming BS-VI norms.
In terms of appearance, although the spy pics don't reveal much, the international spec models showcase a revised front grille, sharper lines on the sides and an overall more aggressive design. It will also get a new set of projector headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail lights and fog lamps.
In terms of the interiors, the new Hyundai Elite i20 is expected to receive an updated cabin as well. This might even include the new Blue Link Connectivity function borrowed from the Venue SUV.
Currently, the Hyundai Elite i20 on sale in India is powered by a 1.2-litre Kappa Dual VTVT petrol engine, producing 83bhp and 115Nm of torque. It comes mated to a five-speed manual with the optional CVT automatic transmission as well. The diesel engine on the Elite i20 comes in the form of a 1.4-litre CRDi diesel engine which churns out 90bhp and 220Nm of peak torque. This is mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, without any automatic options.
Thoughts On The 2020 Hyundai Elite i20
The Hyundai Elite i20 is one of the most popular offerings from the Korean brand in the market. It is also the second best-selling premium hatchback in India after the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. Once launched, we can expect Hyundai to increase prices of the new Elite i20 by a slight margin. It will however continue to rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Honda Jazz and the Volkswagen Polo.