- 10 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 11 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 12 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Hyundai is working on introducing the next-generation Elite i20 hatchback in the Indian market. The new Hyundai Elite i20 is expected to go on sale in India sometime in 2020. Ahead of its launch, the next-gen Elite i20 hatchback has been spied testing in the country.
As seen from the spy pics released by Motor Vikatan, the new Hyundai Elite i20 can be seen completely camouflaged undergoing extensive testing in the state of Tamil Nadu. The new Elite i20 hatchback is said to receive major updates to both its exterior and interiors.
The new premium hatchback will be updated to the latest design language of Hyundai, something similar to that of the recently launched Venue SUV. The 2020 Elite i20 will receive major cosmetic updates, while also getting a revised engine; complying with the upcoming BS-VI norms.
In terms of appearance, although the spy pics don't reveal much, the international spec models showcase a revised front grille, sharper lines on the sides and an overall more aggressive design. It will also get a new set of projector headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail lights and fog lamps.
In terms of the interiors, the new Hyundai Elite i20 is expected to receive an updated cabin as well. This might even include the new Blue Link Connectivity function borrowed from the Venue SUV.
Currently, the Hyundai Elite i20 on sale in India is powered by a 1.2-litre Kappa Dual VTVT petrol engine, producing 83bhp and 115Nm of torque. It comes mated to a five-speed manual with the optional CVT automatic transmission as well. The diesel engine on the Elite i20 comes in the form of a 1.4-litre CRDi diesel engine which churns out 90bhp and 220Nm of peak torque. This is mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, without any automatic options.
Thoughts On The 2020 Hyundai Elite i20
The Hyundai Elite i20 is one of the most popular offerings from the Korean brand in the market. It is also the second best-selling premium hatchback in India after the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. Once launched, we can expect Hyundai to increase prices of the new Elite i20 by a slight margin. It will however continue to rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Honda Jazz and the Volkswagen Polo.