- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Second Teaser Video Released: Launch Slated For 30th Of September
- 2 hrs ago Indian Rider Pays Fine Of More Than Rs 66,000 In Australia For Triple Riding
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 W6 Diesel-Automatic Variant Launched In India: Priced At Rs 9.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Avan Motors Showcased Two Electric Scooter Concepts At The Pune Motor Show 2019
- News "Am I invited?" President Trump asks PM Modi ahead of India's first-ever NBA game
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls secure thrilling tie against Dabang Delhi
- Movies Surveen Chawla Recounts 5 Casting Couch Experiences: Filmmakers Wanted To See My Cleavage, Thighs
- Travel Places To Celebrate Dusshera In India
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A20s Announced With Triple Rear Cameras
- Lifestyle Want A Toned Back Like Disha Patani's? Try These 8 Exercises That Target Your Back Muscles
- Finance An App That Helps Women To Take Control Of Their Finances
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
Honda is all set to introduce the new HR-V SUV in the Indian market. According to Autocar India, the all-new Honda HR-V has been confirmed to launch in India sometime this year during the festive season.
The launch of the Honda HR-V in the Indian market has been in the pipeline for quite a while now. Honda had first showcased interest in launching the SUV back in 2017, as part of the six new models for the Indian market. Among them, Honda also included the Civic, second-generation Amaze and the CR-V, all three of which are now on sale in India.
However, due to the lack of localised components available for the HR-V, Honda had held the SUV back from being launched. Now, the company has finally decided to introduce the SUV, two years after it was first expected.
In terms of dimensions, the Honda HR-V measures 4,295mm long, 1,775mm wide, 1,605mm tall and a wheelbase of 2,610mm. This compared to the segment leader Hyundai Creta is 25mm longer and 20mm larger wheelbase.
Similar to some of its other models in the Indian product lineup, Honda will bring in the HR-V to India via the CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route. Once introduced in the market, the Honda HR-V will sit between the CR-V and BR-V in the model lineup.
The India-bound Honda HR-V will be the facelift version, introduced in 2018. The Honda HR-V will come with a styling similar to the CR-V while also offering a host of features and equipments. Some of these features include LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED tail lights, 17-inch alloy wheels and even an electric sunroof.
Honda is expected to feature a 1.8-litre petrol and 1.6-litre diesel on the upcoming HR-V SUV. The petrol engine is the same as seen on the recently launched Civic sedan. Both engine options will come mated either to a manual or CVT transmission.
Thoughts On The Honda HR-V India-Launch Plans
The Honda HR-V once launched in the Indian market is expected to be priced around Rs 15 lakh, ex-showroom. The Honda HR-V will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass and the upcoming MG Hector. Honda will aim to position the HR-V as a premium offering in the mid-size SUV segment.