- 17 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 19 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 20 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 20 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Heavy rain, thunderstorms hits Tripura, over 700 people homeless
- Sports NBA Playoffs: Raptors defeat Bucks to earn first ever Finals berth
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Honda is all set to introduce the new HR-V SUV in the Indian market. According to Autocar India, the all-new Honda HR-V has been confirmed to launch in India sometime this year during the festive season.
The launch of the Honda HR-V in the Indian market has been in the pipeline for quite a while now. Honda had first showcased interest in launching the SUV back in 2017, as part of the six new models for the Indian market. Among them, Honda also included the Civic, second-generation Amaze and the CR-V, all three of which are now on sale in India.
However, due to the lack of localised components available for the HR-V, Honda had held the SUV back from being launched. Now, the company has finally decided to introduce the SUV, two years after it was first expected.
In terms of dimensions, the Honda HR-V measures 4,295mm long, 1,775mm wide, 1,605mm tall and a wheelbase of 2,610mm. This compared to the segment leader Hyundai Creta is 25mm longer and 20mm larger wheelbase.
Similar to some of its other models in the Indian product lineup, Honda will bring in the HR-V to India via the CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route. Once introduced in the market, the Honda HR-V will sit between the CR-V and BR-V in the model lineup.
The India-bound Honda HR-V will be the facelift version, introduced in 2018. The Honda HR-V will come with a styling similar to the CR-V while also offering a host of features and equipments. Some of these features include LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED tail lights, 17-inch alloy wheels and even an electric sunroof.
Honda is expected to feature a 1.8-litre petrol and 1.6-litre diesel on the upcoming HR-V SUV. The petrol engine is the same as seen on the recently launched Civic sedan. Both engine options will come mated either to a manual or CVT transmission.
Thoughts On The Honda HR-V India-Launch Plans
The Honda HR-V once launched in the Indian market is expected to be priced around Rs 15 lakh, ex-showroom. The Honda HR-V will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass and the upcoming MG Hector. Honda will aim to position the HR-V as a premium offering in the mid-size SUV segment.