- 1 day ago Auto Parts Manufacturers Ask Government To Reduce GST To 18 Percent Amidst Industry Slowdown
- 1 day ago UM Motorcycles Discontinued In India: Stopping Production Leaving Dealers Stranded
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Bookings Crosses 10,000 Units Since Launch: Rivals The New Renault Kwid
- 1 day ago Toyota Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News How did Gandhi commit suicide: A shocker of a question at a Gujarat school exam
- Technology Week 41, 2019 Launch Roundup: Nokia 6.2, OnePlus 7T Pro, OPPO Reno Ace, Motorola One Macro And More
- Sports Sourav Ganguly set to be new BCCI president, Brijesh Patel likely to be IPL Chairman
- Movies Deepika Padukone On Ranveer Singh: He’s A Different Person Every 6 Months
- Lifestyle Be Ethnic Ready With These Bollywood Divas-inspired Stunning Golden-Silver Saris
- Finance India, China To Set Up New Mechanism For Trade And Investment
- Travel 10 Least Visited Places In India And Why You Should Visit Them
- Education October 2: Exclusive 150th Birth Eve Mahatma Gandhi Quotes And Views On Education 2019
The all-new Honda Civic will be launched in India on March 7, 2019. Prior to its launch, the tenth-generation Honda Civic has hit the production line at Honda Car India's manufacturing facility in Greater Noida.
The new model of the iconic Japanese sedan is a successor to the eighth-generation Honda Civic which was on sale in India from 2006 to 2013. Bookings for the new Civic were recently started for an amount of Rs 31,000.
We have already driven the 2019 Honda Civic and were impressed by what it offered in terms of driveability and technology. To know our thoughts on it, check out our detailed review of all-new Honda Civic.
Compared to the previous model, the latest-generation Honda Civic showcases a major revamp in almost all aspects. Features such as a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system (supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto), digital instrument cluster of the same size; two-zone climate control, electric sunroof, eight-way adjustable driver seat, etc., come part of the package.
The 2019 Honda Civic is available in both petrol and diesel formats. The 1.8-litre i-VTEC petrol engine makes 140bhp and 174Nm of torque while mated to a seven-step CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) unit. On the other hand, the new 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel engine generates 120bhp and 300Nm of torque. Transmission duties are done by a six-speed manual.
ARAI-claimed mileage figures of either engine were also revealed recently. While the petrol variant gets 16.5km/l as mileage, the diesel motor promises 26.8km/h — which is quite impressive for the power output.
Speaking at the commencement ceremony of the 2019 Honda Civic's production, Rajesh Goel, Sr. Vice President & Director of Honda Cars India Ltd shared, "We are delighted to begin the production of all new Civic which will be launched on March 7. Since this has been a highly anticipated launch in India, we are receiving an outstanding response during the pre-launch phase. In just 7 days, we have exceeded our expected 3-week pre-booking numbers which is a testament to the excitement the iconic Honda Civic has generated amongst customers."
Thoughts On The New Honda Civic
The old Honda Civic model had a loyal fanbase in the country and is still a good buy in the used car market. With a range of updates on the new model, Honda expects good sales figures in the coming months. What do you think? Let us know in the comment section below.