- 11 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 11 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- 13 hrs ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- 15 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- Technology Week 24, 2020 Launch Roundup: Infinix Hot 9, Gionee K6, Vivo Y70s 5G, Realme 6s And More
- Sports Bayern Munich 5-0 Fortuna Dusseldorf: Champions move 10 points clear
- Movies Soorarai Pottru Will Release In Theaters, Confirms Suriya!
- News MEA lists Vande Bharat mission, COVID medical supplies to 154 countries among key achievements
- Lifestyle Natural Remedies And Simple Tricks To Stop Hiccups
- Finance These Stocks Have Outdone Nifty's Fall In March; Gained Up To 78% During Lockdown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Honda Cars India has announced the launch date for the much-awaited sports sedan, the all-new Civic in the Indian market. The new Honda Civic is scheduled to launch in India on the 7th March 2019.
The Honda Civic was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. However, the car showcased at the event was the pre-facelift model to the Civic being launched next month. The new Honda Civic comes with subtly updated front bumpers, chrome accents around the front fog lamps, a chrome strip on the rear bumpers and a refreshed set of alloy wheel design.
In terms of mechanicals, the 2019 Honda Civic continues to be powered by the same 1.8-litre petrol engine as on the previous generation model. The four-cylinder i-VTEC petrol engine churns out 140bhp and 174Nm of torque and is mated to a seven-step CVT gearbox.
The new Honda Civic now is also available with a 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel engine. This unit has been borrowed from its SUV sibling, the CR-V. The diesel engine on the new Civic produces 120bhp and 300Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, without the option of an automatic.
Honda has loaded the new Civic with a number of features and equipment. Some of the standard features on the all-new Civic include dual-zone climate control, electric sunroof, eight-way power adjustable driver seat, steering mounted controls, 7.0-inch digital instrument cluster, 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, along with push-button start/stop among others.
In terms of safety features, the new Honda Civic include ABS with EBD, disc brakes on all four wheels, electric parking brake, reverse parking camera, auto walk-away lock function, auto-hold function, hill-hold assist and ISOFIX child-seat mounts — here are the top things to know about the upcoming 2019 Honda Civic.
Bookings for the new Honda Civic haven't started officially, however, certain dealers have begun accepting for an amount of Rs 1 lakh. Once launched, the Honda Civic is expected to be priced similar to its competitors around the Rs 18-22 lakh range, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The New 2019 Honda Civic
The Honda Civic has been a popular name in the Indian market, since its first launch. The previous generation model was discontinued in 2013; with Honda set to bring back the nameplate after a gap of six years. Once launched in India, the all-new Civic will rival the likes of the Hyundai Elantra, Toyota Corolla Altis and the Skoda Octavia.
Source: Autocar India