- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli 'walks' out, fumes in dressing room as replays suggest he was not out
- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Honda Cars India is all set to bring back the Civic nameplate in the country. The car has been scheduled to launch in the Indian market in March, with deliveries beginning from the same month.
Ahead of its launch in India, the 10th generation Honda Civic has been spied completely undisguised on the Indian streets. The spy images of the new Honda Civic showcases the refreshed design of the sedan for the local market.
The set of spy images from Team-BHP, showcase both the petrol (i-VTEC) and diesel (i-DTEC) offerings. Honda will offer the new Civic with the 1.8-litre petrol engine producing 140bhp and 179Nm of peak torque. The diesel unit, on the other hand, will be the 1.6-litre engine churning out 120bhp and 300Nm of torque.
This is the same diesel unit as seen on the recently introduced Honda CR-V SUV. Both engines will come mated to manual six-speed gearbox as standard. The petrol version will further get the optional CVT unit as well.
Similar to the CR-V SUV, Honda will bring in the Civic as a Completely Knocked Down (CKD) unit in India. The sedan will further be assembled at the brand's facility in Greater Noida. The India-bound 2019 Honda Civic will receive a complete makeover in terms of design compared to the previous generation model. The older generation sold in India was discontinued back in 2013, although the sedan had become popular in the market.
In terms of features on the new Honda Civic, the sedan will come with a number of best-in-class equipment such as LED headlights, LED DRLs and boomerang-shaped LED taillights, sunroof and 18-inch alloy wheels. Inside, the new Civic will feature a seven-inch infotainment system and cruise control among others.
Safety features on the 2019 Honda Civic: six-airbags, lane assist system, lane departure warning, road departure mitigation, forward collision warning, collision avoidance system and ABS with EBD.
Thoughts On The New 2019 Honda Civic
The Honda Civic was a popular name in the Indian market, right until the time it was discontinued. The new Civic is completely different from the previous model, more in line with Honda's latest design language. Once launched in India, the new Honda Civic will be priced at a premium and rival the likes of the Hyundai Elantra, Skoda Octavia and the Toyota Corolla Altis.