- 2 hrs ago KTM RC 125, RC 200 & RC 390 Launched In New Colours: Prices & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Tata Nexon To Get New Grille Design Soon: Details Leaked Ahead Of Launch
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Bookings & Launch Timeline Revealed: Teaser Video
- 1 day ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- News Pakistan is enforcing institutional disappearance, India tells UN
- Movies Vakeel Saab: Makers Plan To Finish Pawan Kalyan’s Scenes In 30 Days?
- Lifestyle On 2 Years Of Sui Dhaaga, Anushka Sharma’s De-Glam Looks In Printed Sarees That Stole Our Heart
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2020: Discounts Offers On Gadgets And Other Products
- Finance ITC Trades Higher Even As Maharashtra Bans Sale Of Loose Cigarettes, Beedis
- Sports Ashok Dinda to play for Goa in upcoming domestic season
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
Honda Cars India is said to be working on the BS-VI update to its popular City sedan in the Indian market. The new Honda City BS-VI has been spotted undergoing extensive testing on the Indian streets, under heavy camouflage.
Spy pics revealed by a Team-BHP forum post, showcases the heavily camouflaged Honda city BS-VI model undergoing testing. The new sedan is expected to be showcased at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo, ahead of its launch sometime around the same time.
The new Honda City is expected to feature subtle changes to its exterior design, styling and other interior bits as well. The new city will also come with updated LED headlamps, revised front grille, LED DRLs, fog lamps, LED tail lights and small revisions to its front and rear bumpers as well.
Inside as well, Honda is expected to offer a number of additional features and equipment, giving the cabin a more premium appeal. The new Honda City model will also have a longer wheelbase compared to the outgoing model in the market. This translates to better legroom and overall space in the cabin.
Safety features will also be improved, with the new Honda City BS-VI receiving features such as ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, brake assist, seat-belt reminders, high-speed alerts and a host of other equipment as well.
In terms of engine updates, the new Honda City is expected to carry forward the same set of 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol and 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine options, updated to comply with the BS-VI emission norms.
The current generation engines churn out 118bhp and 145bhp on the i-VTEC and 99bhp and 200nm of torque through the i-DTEC units. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the petrol receiving the optional CVT automatic option as well.
Honda is considering offering the diesel engine with the automatic as well. It is also said to be working on a hybrid version of the City sedan to be introduced at a later stage.
Thoughts On The 2020 Honda City BS-VI Spied Testing
The Honda City BS-VI model spied testing in India is expected to go on sale in India sometime during the 2020 Auto Expo. Once launched in India, the new Honda City will continue to rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna and the Skoda Rapid in the Indian market.