- 3 min ago Himachal Pradesh To Go 100 Percent Electric By 2030 Says State Government
- 10 min ago Polarity Smart Electric Bikes Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 38,000
- 40 min ago New Audi Q3 India Launch Confirmed: Expected To Arrive By Early Next Year
- 3 hrs ago Benelli Leoncino 250 India Launch Expected Soon: Specs, Details & Price
- Lifestyle 10 Foods Parents Should Avoid Giving Their Babies In The First Year
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G Hands-On Video Reveals Design In Full Glory
- News Surgical strike needed to destroy JU hub of anti-nationals: Dilip Ghosh
- Movies Shashank Vyas Regrets Not Being In Touch With Late Actress Pratyusha Banerjee During Her Last Days
- Finance Gold Prices Continue To Fall In India Even As Prices Climb Globally
- Sports Matuidi never considered leaving Juventus
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Honda Cars India is said to be working on the BS-VI update to its popular City sedan in the Indian market. The new Honda City BS-VI has been spotted undergoing extensive testing on the Indian streets, under heavy camouflage.
Spy pics revealed by a Team-BHP forum post, showcases the heavily camouflaged Honda city BS-VI model undergoing testing. The new sedan is expected to be showcased at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo, ahead of its launch sometime around the same time.
The new Honda City is expected to feature subtle changes to its exterior design, styling and other interior bits as well. The new city will also come with updated LED headlamps, revised front grille, LED DRLs, fog lamps, LED tail lights and small revisions to its front and rear bumpers as well.
Inside as well, Honda is expected to offer a number of additional features and equipment, giving the cabin a more premium appeal. The new Honda City model will also have a longer wheelbase compared to the outgoing model in the market. This translates to better legroom and overall space in the cabin.
Safety features will also be improved, with the new Honda City BS-VI receiving features such as ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, brake assist, seat-belt reminders, high-speed alerts and a host of other equipment as well.
In terms of engine updates, the new Honda City is expected to carry forward the same set of 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol and 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine options, updated to comply with the BS-VI emission norms.
The current generation engines churn out 118bhp and 145bhp on the i-VTEC and 99bhp and 200nm of torque through the i-DTEC units. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the petrol receiving the optional CVT automatic option as well.
Honda is considering offering the diesel engine with the automatic as well. It is also said to be working on a hybrid version of the City sedan to be introduced at a later stage.
Thoughts On The 2020 Honda City BS-VI Spied Testing
The Honda City BS-VI model spied testing in India is expected to go on sale in India sometime during the 2020 Auto Expo. Once launched in India, the new Honda City will continue to rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna and the Skoda Rapid in the Indian market.