- 13 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- 1 day ago India To Receive Almost 50 New Vehicles By March 2020 — Here Is The list!
- News Karnataka Crisis: 2 Independent MLAs to move SC, seek direction on floor test
- Sports Badminton Asia Junior Championships 2019: Maisnam Meiraba shines as India enter quarterfinals
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 3 Opening Episode Live Updates: Contestants' List, Nagarjuna's Return To TV & More
- Technology Bluetooth Missing From Windows 10 Device Manager – Here’s The Fix
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Lifestyle Meet The Indian Baba Who Has Not Washed His Hair For 40 Years
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Ford is all set to unveil the new Kuga SUV for the European markets on the 2nd April 2019. The new Ford Kuga SUV will also be launched in the Indian market, sometime at a later stage of 2019.
The Ford Kuga (also called the 'Escape' in the US market) was teased earlier on Ford's official social media handles. The teaser video showcases that the new Ford SUV will borrow design cues from the recently unveiled Focus hatchback. This includes the all-LED headlamps and the boot design, both reminiscent of the new Focus.
The teaser also shows curvier body panels, indicating that the new Kuga might come with a completely new design, stepping away from the boxy shape of the previous model. This can be seen through the sweptback LED headlamps, more inline with the Focus design.
On the inside, the new Ford SUV might come with the same features and equipment seen on any other model in the American-brand's lineup, including the EcoSport and the Fiesta. The teaser however, does show a rotary dial, which might be the gear selector. The automatic transmission the new Kuga SUV, is said to be an eight-speed gearbox.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Ford SUV will come with the same engines options powering the EcoSport or any other Ford models. However, it will get the additional plug-in hybrid powertrain. This plug-in hybrid once introduced on the Kuga, will further make its way onto other Ford models as well.
Reports also suggest, that Ford might introduce the new Kuga in a range of either five or seven-seater configurations. The seven-seater variant is expected to replace the Ford Edge SUV in the European market.
There will also be a crossover variant of the new Ford Kuga, which will be positioned below the standard SUV, but higher than the EcoSport in the European lineup. However, all these are just reports, with Ford yet to confirm officially.
Ford is expected to bring the new SUV in the Indian market. However, it remains to be seen if the new SUV will be sold as the next-gen EcoSport or as a brand new product in the Indian lineup. Ford in India, will like to keep the EcoSport nameplate in the market, as it still remains to be one of the most popular model in the country.
Thoughts On The New Ford Kuga SUV
The new Ford Kuga will be showcased on the 2nd April 2019. It will bring about a number of variants, in terms of either seating configurations or crossovers based on the new SUV. The American brand is keen on bringing the model to developing nations such as India and Brazil as well. However, with no official confirmation yet, we still have to wait for any news regarding the new SUV.