- 13 hrs ago BMW Unveils Its Vision M NEXT Electric Sports Car — A Glimpse Into The Future Of BMW
- 14 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 14 hrs ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 15 hrs ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- News SSC GD PST admit card 2019 expected soon, check vacancy details
- Finance DHFL Defaults On Commercial Paper Repayment
- Technology MediaTek Helio P65 SoC With 48 MP Camera Supports Now Available For OEMs
- Sports Ghana 2 Benin 2: 10-man Black Stars open AFCON campaign with disappointing draw
- Movies Abhirami Venkatachalam Conveys Her Feelings To Kavin; Shocking Developments In Bigg Boss Tamil 3!
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Ford has unveiled their latest-generation Kuga SUV, also known as the Escape in the US markets. The Ford Kuga is larger than the previous generation model, yet carrying forward a similar silhouette.
The Ford Kuga is also the first vehicle from the American-brand to be offered with electric powertrains, which include mild, plug-in and full-hybrid systems. The new Ford Kuga SUV is based on the C2 platform, which also underpins the latest-generation Focus hatchback.
The new Ford Kuga has larger overall dimensions compared to the previous models. The new Ford SUV is 89mm longer at 4,613mm, 40mm wider at 1,878mm and is 1,682mm in height. Wheelbase of the new Ford Kuga has also been increased by 20mm compared to the previous generation model.
In terms of design, the Ford Kuga comes with a fresh front fascia comprising of a wide trapezoidal honeycomb grille, sweptback twin projector headlamps with LED DRLs, wrap-around tail lights and twin exhaust pipes.
Inside, the new Ford Kuga offers a completely fresh dashboard layout with wood inserts all around. The SUV features an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Ford's latest SYNC3 system. It also comes with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and a bunch of other connectivity features. The Ford Kuga also features a 12.3-inch instrument cluster, which seamlessly integrates with the rest of the interiors. Other features on the new Ford Kuga also include a 10-speaker B&O Sound System, panoramic sunroof and active noise cancellations.
Safety features on the new Ford Kuga SUV: Lane-Keep Assist, Pre-Collision Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane-Centering and Blind-Spot Information System.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Ford Kuga will be available with a choice of three engines: two diesel and one petrol. This includes a 2.0-litre Ecoblue diesel producing 190bhp; 1.5-litre Ecoblue diesel churning out 120bhp and a 1.5-litre Ecoboost petrol engine in two-states-of-tune - 120bhp and 150bhp. All three engines will come mated to Ford's latest eight-speed automatic gearbox powering all-four wheels. The new 1.5-litre Ecoboost engine will also feature and industry-first cylinder deactivation technology for a three-cylinder engine.
Thoughts On The New Ford Kuga SUV
The new Ford Kuga SUV will go on sale in European and US markets, later this year. Ford is yet to confirm if the new SUV will make its way to the Indian market. If launched in India, the new Ford Kuga will rival the likes of the Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass and the Mahindra XUV500 in the market.