- 1 hr ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 1 hr ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 1 hr ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Sports Mission Tokyo: No sweets, spicy food for Indian women hockey team
- News Revealed: The child in Modi’s arms, who he called a special friend in Parliament
- Technology Realme 3i First Sale Sells Over 150,000 Units Within 30 Minutes
- Movies Nerkonda Paarvai First Review: Ajith Kumar Shines In The 'Best Tamil Film' Of The Year
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Ford has confirmed new electric vehicles (EV) for various global markets, soon after signing a partnership deal with the German brand, Volkswagen. The new agreement between the two large automakers initially revolved around the commercial vehicle segment, but now, it has been confirmed to apply for passenger vehicles as well — read about the new Ford-Volkswagen partnership, to get a clear picture.
Ford has announced that since the future is (sadly) electric, they will be concentrating on introducing EVs in Europe too, and not just North America. In fact, all future products from Ford "will include an electrified option" — be it a mild hybrid, full-hybrid or full-electric.
In the US market, Ford already sells the Explorer, Police Interceptor and the new Lincoln Aviator in hybrid or plug-in formats. The legendary automotive company has also shared that an electric crossover, with a design influenced by the Mustang, will be unveiled in April 2019.
The new Ford-Volkswagen partnership will mutually benefit both brands, primarily in the overall business profit-making, and not just in enhancing their product portfolios. Both Ford and Volkswagen aim to widen their business by exploring new spheres of the global market.
For the same reason, Ford Motor Company has reportedly started consulting the Works Council and their Trade Union partners so as to improvise the European operations. As a result, various Ford facilities in France, Germany, Russia and the United Kingdom will either be shut or consolidated (final decision yet to be made) "to improve business fitness and create a customer-centric technical hub."
Steve Armstrong, Group Vice-President & President Of Ford Europe, shared, "Working collectively with all stakeholders, our new strategy will enable us to deliver a more focused line up of European-built passenger vehicles, while growing our import and commercial vehicle businesses — for a healthier and more profitable business."
In short, we can expect a range of electric vehicles from Ford, along with some interesting electric alternatives to their popular models such as the Mustang, Focus, F-150, Ranger, C-Max and the Transit (van). Even the Ford EcoSport might come in an electric avatar someday, since it is a successful model for the brand in many markets.
Thoughts On The New Ford Electric Models
Ford is definitely one of the best brands from US soil when it comes to making driver-focussed or fun-to-drive cars. However, the move to electrify all their upcoming products might raise some concerns in the auto-enthusiast community. We just hope that the new Ford electric models will come as an alternative to the existing line-up and not as a replacement.
We cannot even imagine someone choosing a silent full-electric Mustang over a growling V8 model!