- 5 min ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Gets Five-Year Warranty — Aims To Beat Hyundai Venue & Mahindra XUV300
- 13 min ago Suzuki Burgman Street 125 Launched In New Matte Black Paint Scheme — Priced At Rs 69,208
- 2 hrs ago Kia Seltos — Top Thing To Know About India’s Most-Awaited SUV Of 2019
- 2 hrs ago Öhlins Launches Aftermarket Suspension System For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- News Watch: Video explaining Chandrayaan-2 mission tweeted by ISRO
- Movies Rishi Kapoor Is On Cloud Nine After Having Some 'Correct Aate Ka Phulka' At Anupam Kher's House!
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
- Sports The tale of two chief selectors: MSK Prasad and Inzamam
- Technology Vivo Z5 Launch Set on July 31 Officially Confirmed: What to Expect
- Travel Mysore to Ooty Bike Trip Guide, Route Map, Attractions and Places to Visit
- Lifestyle This Designer's Tentacle Tights Are A Huge Draw On The Internet
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
Ford India seems to be readying the launch of a new variant of its compact-sedan offering, the Aspire. The new Ford Aspire has been spotted at company dealerships in a new 'Titanium Blue' variant. This sporty new variant on the Ford Aspire is similar to the one available on its hatchback sibling, the new Ford Figo.
As seen from the spy pics from Team-BHP, the Ford Aspire Blue will receive a number of cosmetic changes, this includes addition of blue accents all around the exteriors. Something similar to that on the hatchback. The new Ford Aspire variant will be placed below the top-spec Titanium+ variant in the Aspire lineup.
Exterior changes include Blue inserts around the front fog lamps, black decals on either sides and the rear boot lid. The Ford Aspire Blue can also be seen with 15-inch blacked out alloy wheels, ORVMs and roof.
Moving inside, the new Ford Aspire variant will also come with a blacked-out interiors. It will however, get blue accents on the door trim and the steering. The central console will receive a new 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, although it will miss out on key features such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Ford's own SYNC3 system, to help keep costs down.
Engine options on the new Ford Aspire variant will likely remain unchanged. This means, the Ford Aspire Titanium Blue variant will continue to be powered by the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine options.
The 1.2-litre three-cylinder 'Dragon Series' petrol engine produces 95bhp and 120Nm of torque. The 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel on the other hand, churns out 99bhp and 215Nm of torque. Both engines will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Ford recently launched the new updated Figo Blue hatchback in the Indian market. The new Ford Figo comes with a number of updates, along with the new 'Blue' variant as well. We got a chance to drive the hatchback sometime back — here is our detailed review.
Thoughts On The New Ford Aspire Variant
The Ford Aspire is one of the more popular offerings from the brand in the Indian market. Currently, the Ford Aspire is available with a starting price of Rs 5.81 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Ford Aspire rivals the likes of the Tata Tigor and the Honda Amaze in the Indian market.