- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Movies Big Brother: Streaming Rights Of The Mohanlal Movie Are Sold!
- Sports Hero I-League: Second-half blitzkrieg helps Punjab down champions Chennai City
- News Amid tussle with Bengal Governor, Mamata govt tables new rule to check chancellor-varsity communicat
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Driving Licences for vehicles is all set to feature a new uniform design across the country. Along with the DL, the government will also come up with a uniform design for registration certificates (RC) as well.
The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) recently issued a notification for a new design for DLs and RCs across all states. According to the notification issued, all states will carry forward a new uniform design, issued by the ministry.
The new design will feature a complete change from any of the current DLs and RCs in the states. It will feature a completely new design and printing style as well.
The new design will also feature the emergency contact number of the DL holder. This will come in handy in case of an accident when bystanders will be able to reach out to the person's family using the emergency contact details.
The new ‘smart' DL design has already been issued by the government. All states will soon be implementing the new design on the driving licences issued. Among the states, UP has become the first to implement the new design format for both DL and RC from October 1st.
The Registration Certificates (RCs) will also come with a new feature. This includes a tracker, which will be able to track the status of a person's DL application.
Currently, each state in the country carries its own designs for the driving licence and RC cards. Both the cards will also feature a microchip and QR code as well. This will allow access for the traffic police to receive information regarding any traffic violation and pending fines.
Current DL and RC cardholders will also be able to convert their documents to the new design. The conversion can be done by visiting the RTO, however, it will be done for an additional charge.
While UP has already implemented the new design for driving licences (DLs) and registration certificates (RCs) across the state. Others are soon to follow, Karnataka is said to implement the new design from mid-November.
Thoughts On The New Uniform Driving Licence Cars Across India
The new design on the DLs and RCs in India will be uniform across the country. It will further provide a nationwide database, which can be accessed by traffic police to check for traffic violations and pending fines.