- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 8 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 10 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- Technology Most Trending Samsung Smartphones – Galaxy Note10, Galaxy A50, Galaxy A90 And More
- News IRCTC offers 5-day tour to Kanyakumari, Rameswaram and Madurai; details here
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
BMW India has launched the all-new X5 SUV in the Indian market. The new fourth-generation 2019 BMW X5 comes with a starting price of Rs 72.90 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new BMW X5 is available in both petrol and diesel options. The diesel options include the xDrive30d Sports and xDrive30d xLine. The petrol options include the top-spec xDrive40i M Sport, which although launched will go on sale at a later part of 2019.
|Variant ||Prices* |
|xDrive30d Sport ||Rs 72.90 Lakh |
|xDrive30d xLine ||Rs 82.40 Lakh |
|xDrive40i M Sport ||Rs 82.40 Lakh |
*Note: All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new BMW X5 is based on the CLAR platform, which also underpins the 5-series, 7-series and the X3 models on sale in the country. The new-generation BMW X5 is now longer, taller and wider than the previous generation model. It also comes equipped with a a host of new and additional features compared to the older generation.
In terms of dimensions, the new BMW X5 is 35mm longer, 32mm wider and 11mm taller. BMW has also increased the wheelbase on the new X5 by 42mm and it now stands at 2975mm. Most of this additional increase in dimensions has translated to better cabin space. Boot space on the new BMW X5 remains the same at 645-litres, which can be expanded up to 1,640-litres with the rear seats folded down.
In terms of design, the new BMW X5 comes with a larger kidney grille, reworked front bumpers with larger air vents and integrated fog lamps. The 2019 BMW X5 also features new LED headlamps with X-shaped inserts, as well as adaptive LED DRLs. The SUV gets 3D signature LED tail lights as well.
The new BMW X5 comes loaded with features, which include BMW Live Cockpit professional display, floating infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, leather upholstery, wireless charging, four-zone climate control, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting and screens for the rear seat passengers; among others.
In terms of mechanicals, the new BMW X5 comes powered by a 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder diesel engine churning out 261bhp and 620Nm of torque. The xDrive40i M Sport variant is powered by a 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder petrol engine producing 340bhp and 450Nm of torque. Both engine options come mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The 2019 BMW X5 Launch
The all-new BMW X5 has been significantly updated compared to the previous generation model. The SUV is currently available with just the diesel engine, with the petrol scheduled to go on sale at a later stage. In India, the new BMW X5 will continue to rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz GLE and Audi Q7.