- 1 hr ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- 2 hrs ago Demand For Kids Helmet On The Rise In Bangalore: Here’s Why!
- 4 hrs ago New Hyundai i20 Mileage Figures Revealed: Which Is The Most Fuel-Efficient Variant?
- News ISRO to launch earth observation satellite, nine customer satellites this November
- Sports IPL 2020: CSK vs KKR, Match 49: Chahar, Jadeja, Rana and Tripathi chase these milestones
- Technology Instagram To Let Users Livestream Up To 4 Hours; New Archive Option For Live Videos
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Archana Chandhoke Considers Balaji Murugadoss As A Son
- Lifestyle Naach Meri Rani: Nora Fatehi Looks Like A Pretty Doll In Her Floral Printed Yellow Ball Gown
- Finance Auto Sector Optimistic On Festive Season Sales
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
- Education TN 11th Supplementary Result 2020: Check TN HSE +1 Plus One Result 2020
BMW India is all set to launch the next generation 3-Series in India. The new 2019 BMW 3-Series according to carandbike, will go on sale in the Indian market on the 22nd August. The new sedan is said to be based on a new platform and come with a host of upgrades compared to the current model available in the market.
The new BMW 3-series was first unveiled globally at the 2018 Paris Motor Show, late last year. BMW dealers in the country are said to be already accepting pre-launch bookings for the new 3-series since December last year. The new 2019 BMW 3-series will be the seventh-generation model of the sedan.
The new 3-series sedan is now part of BMW's CLAR platform, which also underpins the 5 and 7-series sedans. This new platform has allowed the new 3-series to grow in size and function. The 2019 BMW 3-series is 76mm longer and has an increased wheelbase of 41mm as well.
Apart from the dimensions, the new 3-series is also stronger, with the torsional rigidity improved by 25 per cent. The new generation sedan has also become lighter by 55kg compared to the older model, while also having an improved drag coefficient of just 0.23d.
In terms of looks, the new BMW 3-series comes with a sharper and a more aggressive design. It features a larger kidney grille up front with sleek headlamp units on either side. BMW does offer Laser light technology while also featuring L-shaped LED DRLs. At the rear, the new BMW 3-series comes with a sharp looking wrap-around LED tail lights, similar to the ones on the 5-series. This gives the rear profile the appearance of having a much wider stance as well.
The new 3-series also receives the brand's Hofmeister kink design cue, which is placed on the sedan's C-pillar rather than on the door. The new generation sedan also comes with Rolls Royce inspired self-levelling hub caps as well.
Inside, the new BMW 3-series comes with a cabin design which is similar to most of its siblings. It also features a bunch of features and equipment, including all-digital instrument cluster, memory seats, 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, electric sunroof and keyless entry; among a host of others.
The new BMW 3-series will be powered by the same 2.0-litre and 3.0-litre turbo-petrol and diesel engine options. All engine options will be mated to a standard 8-speed automatic transmission as standard, sending power to the rear-wheels.
Thoughts On The 2019 BMW 3-Series India-Launch
BMW is on a product assault in the Indian market. The new 3-series is the third product from the brand to be launch in India within the next two months. The German brand has already scheduled the new 7-series and the X7 for the Indian market in July. The new BMW 3-series once launched in India will continue to rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Jaguar XE and the Audi A4.