- 58 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 59 min ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 1 hr ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 3 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- News Retained it because it was lucky: Kumaraswamy on why he stayed on at Taj West End
- Sports Virat Kohli retains top spot in ICC Test Rankings; Ashwin, Jadeja remain in top 10 for bowlers
- Technology Track Every Step You Take With Under Armour’s High-Performance Smart Running Shoes
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Contestants Salary: Who Takes Home The Maximum Pay?
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
The Audi Q7 facelift has been unveiled for global markets and it features several changes. The facelifted Audi Q7 features aesthetic, functional and mechanical changes, some of which are very futuristic and first-in-segment. The updated Audi Q7 will get the latest in the world of automotive technology.
The Audi Q7 facelift features an all-new design all around but the overall silhouette of the premium SUV remains the same. Right up front is an octagonal grille design with vertical slats and the Audi logo at the centre. The grille is huge and takes up almost all of the front fascia.
The SUV also comes with new LED headlamps with integrated DRLs. The bumper features two air dams on either side and it feels muscular on the whole. The sides are characterised by the same old, unique Q7 silhouette, with the large flared wheel arches and the 19-inch alloy wheels with the signature RS design.
At the rear too there are quite a few changes and the tail lamp has been redesigned. The chrome strip between the LED tail lamps make the SUV look premium and posh. The insides of the Audi Q7 facelift will have lots of space and offers to seat seven people in comfort.
With seven seats in place, the SUV has a boot space of 865 litres. The five seater version on the other hand has 2,050 litres of space. The dashboard layout is new, and features for the first time a digital operating interface with barely any buttons or dials.
It features two large touchscreens with haptic and acoustic feedback when operated. We can expect it to feature some of the best stereo systems in the business. It will be a connected vehicle with LTE and WiFi is available to occupants.
The entire Audi Connect portfolio will be made available to the occupants. The flat-bottom steering wheel is premium and feels great. The seats are electrically adjustable. Audi will sell the Q7 facelift with two diesel engines and one petrol engine.
It will at a later stage be made available with a 48V mild-hybrid system. The hybrid variant is the one to watch out for as the world heads towards environmentalism. During braking, the system can regenerate electricity and charge up the battery.
The system is also capable of switching off the engine completely while coasting on the highway, thereby saving more fuel. The Audi Q7 facelift will come with rear-wheel-steering which turns the rear wheel up to 5 degrees in the direction of the turn or opposite to it in order to aid agility and stability.
It comes with the Audi Drive select to help put the power down properly irrespective of the terrain being driven on. It also features air suspension with optional electromechanical active roll stabilisation to help keep the size and weight of the car in check even while being driven on bad roads. This almost eliminates body roll.
Thoughts On Audi Q7 Facelift Revealed With The Latest In Automotive Technology
The Audi Q7 is a brilliant SUV and is one of Audi's all-time greats. By revealing the upcoming facelift, Audi takes the Q7 to the next level. The SUV has gone a level up in terms of the design, the size and the technologies being used in it. It certainly is futuristic, but not futuristic enough to survive the upcoming electric vehicle wave.