- 9 hrs ago BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- 10 hrs ago Central Government Plans Policy For Vehicle Recall: To Be Made Mandatory
- 10 hrs ago Electric Two-Wheeler Sales Crash Because Of FAME II Policy Changes
- 10 hrs ago Tata Car Sales India: A Model-Wise Break-Up Of Sales For September 2019
- Technology LG Diwali Offers On LG G8s ThinQ, LG W30 Pro, LG Q60, LG W10, LG W30 And More
- Movies Made In China Movie Review: Rajkummar Rao & Boman Irani's Solid Act Makes It A 'Satisfying' Watch!
- News Chandrayaan 2's orbiter DFSAR releases image of 'impact Craters' on lunar surface
- Sports BCB boss smells conspiracy behind players' strike but says India tour on
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Lifestyle Calcium For Adults: Why You Need Calcium, Recommended Daily Intake And Food Sources
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
Volvo Cars have given their top-of-the-line flagship SUV, the 2020 XC90 SUV, a mid-life update. The 2020 Volvo XC90 SUV comes with a number of subtle design changes, along with the addition of a few equipment and features as well.
One of the most substantial changes to the 2020 Volvo XC90 is the addition of KERS or Kinetic Energy Recovery System. This system converts the kinetic energy lost during braking to usable electric energy for torque assistance. KERS technology helps improve vehicle efficiency by up to 15 per cent while also reducing emissions.
The KERS on the new XC90 is coupled with the conventional IC engine to create an electrified powertrain, under it's new 'B' badge. The IC engine in question is the same 2.0-litre diesel unit, carried forward from the current model. The 2020 XC90 facelift will also retain the T8 Twin Engine Plug-in Hybrid powertrain as well.
In terms of visuals, the 2020 Volvo XC90 the changes are very subtle. The new XC90 continues the same overall (award-winning) design, although it does get newly designed alloy wheels, new exterior colours and a more modern front grille. The XC90 also comes with Thor's hammer headlamps while also receiving Volvo's Scalable Product Architecture.
On the inside, the new Volvo XC90 receives more equipment, to the already feature-packed interior. Apart from the four and seven-seater configuration, the 2020 Volvo XC90 now comes with a specified six-seater configuration as well. Other changes/updates on the 2020 XC90 include an upgraded Sensus touchscreen infotainment system supporting Spotify and Android Auto, in addition to the Apple CarPlay.
The 2020 Volvo XC90 also comes with a number of ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems such as Blind Spot Information System and City Safety; both of which offer steering aid. Other features on the XC90: cross traffic alert system, auto-brake assistance and oncoming lane mitigation system among others.
Thoughts On The 2020 Volvo XC90
Volvo announced that the Model Year 2020 XC90 will go into production in May, with sales set to start at a later stage in international markets. The Swedish carmaker has already started accepting bookings for the 2020 XC90 in all Volvo markets around the globe. The company will bring the new XC90 to India as well, however, it will be after its international launch.