- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 10 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 13 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Movies Four More Shots Please Star Kirti Kulhari Opens Up About Self-Love Under COVID-19 Lockdown
- Sports India Vs Pakistan: Shikhar Dhawan recalls how Pakistani fans sledged him during 2015 World Cup match in Australia
- News Earthquake of 4.6 magnitude hits Delhi-NCR, epicentre in Haryana
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
MG Motor India recently introduced its first product in the Indian market earlier this year with the Hector. The new MG Hector was positioned in the competitive mid-size SUV segment and offered with a five-seater configuration, similar to most of its rivals.
MG Motor is currently said to be working on introducing an updated version of the Hector SUV for the Indian market. The new MG Hector is expected to go on sale in India sometime by January-2020. The new updated version of the MG Hector SUV has been spied testing in the country on multiple occasions as well.
The new (2020) MG Hector spy pics showcase the SUV completely camouflaged. However, from the spy pics released by Rushlane, we can notice the updated front styling of the upcoming Hector SUV.
As seen from the spy pics, the new MG Hector will receive a completely re-designed headlamp and DRL cluster compared to the current model.
The spy images of the new MG Hector showcase a better cluster orientation for the LED DRLs of the SUV. The main headlamp cluster has also been updated and now comes with new housing as well.
The side profile, however, remains pretty much unchanged from the current model. The 2020 MG Hector continues to carry forward the same 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels from the current model (which look a tad bit small for its size).
The rear profile also comes with subtle tweaks to its design. This comes in the form of slightly updated taillights, as well as a tweaked bumper design with faux exhaust ports at either end.
The new (2020) MG Hector could also feature a third-row of seats as well. Currently, the Hector is offered as a five-seater SUV in the Indian market. However, MG could introduce a six-seater version on the upcoming version in 2020.
The new MG Hector will also feature updated versions of the same petrol and diesel engine which power the current SUV. This includes BS6 versions of the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and 2.0-litre diesel unit.
Power and torque figures on both will remain identical to the current BS4 versions. Both engines will also continue to be paired with the same transmission options as well.
Thoughts On The New (2020) MG Hector SUV
The new (2020) MG Hector has been spied multiple times in India and is expected to go on sale in the coming months.
Once launched in the Indian market, we can expect MG to hike prices of the Hector by a slight premium. The six-seater version once launched in the Indian market will rival the likes of the upcoming Tata Gravitas (the 7-seater version of the Harrier).