- 1 hr ago Premium Hatchback Sales In April 2021: Tata Altroz Outsells Hyundai i20
- 1 hr ago Renault Offers & Discounts In May 2021: Benefits On Renault Kiger, Kwid, Duster & Triber
- 1 hr ago Honda Has Announced A Cashback Offer On The Purchase Of An Activa 6G: Read More!
- 2 hrs ago KTM Is Working On A New Range Of 750CC Motorcycles: Here Are All The Details!
- Sports Bangladesh's IPL players Shakib, Mustafizur return to Dhaka
- Movies Frank McRae Of License To Kill Fame Passes Away
- News Plea in Bombay High Court seeks Z-plus security for SII CEO Adar Poonawalla
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In May
- Education Google CEO Sundar Pichai Lays Out ‘Hybrid’ Workplace Model, 20% Staff To Permanently Work From Home
- Lifestyle Mother’s Day 2021: Health Tips For New Moms With Diabetes
- Technology Oppo K9 5G With 90Hz Display, 65W Fast Charging Goes Official; Price, Features
- Finance LIC Revised Working Hours of All Offices, Check New Timings Here
MG Motor India recently introduced its first product in the Indian market earlier this year with the Hector. The new MG Hector was positioned in the competitive mid-size SUV segment and offered with a five-seater configuration, similar to most of its rivals.
MG Motor is currently said to be working on introducing an updated version of the Hector SUV for the Indian market. The new MG Hector is expected to go on sale in India sometime by January-2020. The new updated version of the MG Hector SUV has been spied testing in the country on multiple occasions as well.
The new (2020) MG Hector spy pics showcase the SUV completely camouflaged. However, from the spy pics released by Rushlane, we can notice the updated front styling of the upcoming Hector SUV.
As seen from the spy pics, the new MG Hector will receive a completely re-designed headlamp and DRL cluster compared to the current model.
The spy images of the new MG Hector showcase a better cluster orientation for the LED DRLs of the SUV. The main headlamp cluster has also been updated and now comes with new housing as well.
The side profile, however, remains pretty much unchanged from the current model. The 2020 MG Hector continues to carry forward the same 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels from the current model (which look a tad bit small for its size).
The rear profile also comes with subtle tweaks to its design. This comes in the form of slightly updated taillights, as well as a tweaked bumper design with faux exhaust ports at either end.
The new (2020) MG Hector could also feature a third-row of seats as well. Currently, the Hector is offered as a five-seater SUV in the Indian market. However, MG could introduce a six-seater version on the upcoming version in 2020.
The new MG Hector will also feature updated versions of the same petrol and diesel engine which power the current SUV. This includes BS6 versions of the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and 2.0-litre diesel unit.
Power and torque figures on both will remain identical to the current BS4 versions. Both engines will also continue to be paired with the same transmission options as well.
Thoughts On The New (2020) MG Hector SUV
The new (2020) MG Hector has been spied multiple times in India and is expected to go on sale in the coming months.
Once launched in the Indian market, we can expect MG to hike prices of the Hector by a slight premium. The six-seater version once launched in the Indian market will rival the likes of the upcoming Tata Gravitas (the 7-seater version of the Harrier).