- 10 min ago Ather 340 Electric Scooter Discontinued: Here’s Why
- 28 min ago TVS NTorq 125 Facelift With LED Headlamp & New Design Teased Through Short Video
- 1 hr ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- 1 hr ago 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Specs Leaked: Motorcycle Revised With Upgraded Electronics
- Movies Kaappaan First Review : A Paisa Vasool Treat For Suriya Fans
- Lifestyle Skincare Routine Step 4: Essence - What Is It And How To Use It
- News Relentlessly pursuing Zakir Naik extradition: India rebuts Malaysian PM’s statement
- Technology Samsung Experience Centre Opera House Gets New IoT Zone On Its First Anniversary
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar raises funds for over 600 child heart surgeries during his USA tour
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
A Porsche 718 Boxster from Kerala gets the most expensive number plate in India. Kerala has always been at the top when it comes to expensive car registrations, and the latest one which made a new record cost Rs 31 lakh. The previous record was held by a 2012 Mercedes-Benz S-Class from Haryana, at Rs 26 lakh.
The record-making 'KL-01 CK 1' plate was attained through an auction held by the Regional Transport Officer (RTO) in Thiruvananthapuram, the capital district of Kerala. The auction witnessed a bidding raise in the multiples of five lakh in order to secure the 'fancy number plate' from the tight competition.
The Miami Blue 718 Boxster in question is owned Mr K. S. Balagopal, a pharmaceutical distributor in the city. He bought the car for around Rs 1.2 crore (on-road) from Porsche Centre Kochi.
The bidding started from a humble Rs 500 and extended to seven steps. Balagopal faced some initial competition from two Dubai-based NRI businessmen, but they quit once the bidding amount crossed Rs 10 lakh and 25.5 lakh, respectively. The auction ended with Balagopal offering Rs 30 lakh, plus Rs 1 lakh as application fee.
Interestingly, the previous record for the most expensive number plate in Kerala also went to Balagopal's garage - KL-01 CB 1; for a 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser. Be it in any Indian state, it is quite a challenge to get a single-digit registration plate, let alone the number, '1'.
Regarding the mid-engine Porsche sportscar, the 718 Boxster was launched in India back in February 2017 at a starting price of Rs 85.53 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The soft-top convertible is accompanied by the hard-top 718 Cayman (prices start at Rs 81.63 lakh) in Porsche India's product portfolio.
The 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine makes 298bhp and 380Nm of torque. The power plant is mated to a seven-speed PDK automatic transmission which drives the rear wheels.
Thoughts On The Most Expensive Number Plate In India
Indians' love for fancy number plates started ever since automobiles became a prominent part of the nation's transport sector. Although there is no actual benefit of securing a registration number that cost a good new car (a Skoda Octavia RS in this instance), it is still a personal choice of satisfaction and public status. If you found this interesting, check out the details world's most expensive number plate that got on the bumpers of a Bugatti.
Image Source: Kairali News Online