- 5 min ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Unveiled In India — Opulence & Luxury For The Entire Family
- 2 hrs ago UK To Mandate Installation Of EV charging Points In All New Houses — Wise Move Indeed
- 4 hrs ago Ford India, Mahindra To Oversee International Markets Group — Cater For 100 Emerging Markets
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Working On A New Electric Car Under Rs 10 Lakh — An Electric Vehicle For The Masses
- News Ruckus in MP Assembly over law and order situation, BJP stages walkout
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna Is Not Worried About Rumours Regarding Her Personal Life And Here's Why
- Sports My target is to qualify for World Championships and then Tokyo Olympics: Dutee Chand
- Finance CBDT Clarifies On Changes In ITR Forms Says Only Utility Updated
- Lifestyle Malaika Arora's Colourful Dress Is What You Need On A Dull Rainy Day
- Technology Exclusive: Baseus Plans to Manufacture Products In India By 2020
- Travel Chandrashila trek: Lose yourself, be awestruck.. such is the majestic view from summit
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
The Mini John Cooper Works (Mini JCW) Facelift will be launched in India on 9 May 2019. BMW first revealed the Mini John Cooper Works Facelift in the December of 2018.
While we're unsure what models of the Mini John Cooper Works will make it the Indian market, speculation is that there will be two variants. One the hardtop, and the other, a convertible. The 2019 Mini JCW will feature a 2-litre turbo-petrol engine. This engine will produce a massive 231bhp of power, and 320Nm of torque. The engine may be mated to either an 8-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual transmission. We suspect on the automatic variants will make it to India.
17-inch alloy wheels, rain-sensing vipers, leather bucket seats, all LED head lamps, a 'Union Jack' motif set of LED tail-lights, ABS, cornering ABS, Anti-Crash Technology, Electronic Stability Control, and a new fuel particulate filter are some features that are expected to be offered as a standard. The new particulate filter is part of the sport exhaust mounted on the Mini John Cooper Works Facelift. This new filter adds to the throaty sound of the exhaust note but does not affect performance of the Mini. The 2019 Mini JCW Hardtop does 0-100kmph in 6.3 seconds, while the 2019 Mini JCW Convertible doe it in 6.6 seconds.
The 2019 Mini John Cooper Works is expected to be priced at roughly Rs 40 lakh, and will compete against the Mercedes A-Class and the Volvo V40.
BMW offers the Mini in four models in India. These are the Mini Cooper, Mini Countryman, Mini Cooper Convertible, and the Mini Clubman. Prices for these models vary between Rs 29.70 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and Rs 41.40 lakh (ex-showroom, India)
Thoughts On The Mini John Cooper Works Launching In India
Well, Mini's have always been one our favorites and we're looking forward to driving this particular model. The Mini John Cooper Works line are spectacular performance machines! We want!
John Cooper Works is a British company based in Hampshire. It was founded by Michael Cooper, the son of racing legend John Cooper. John Cooper was a co-founder at the Cooper Car Company, and is the grand-daddy of the rear-engined chassis design. John Cooper Works (JCW) currently manufactures tuning parts and accessories for BMW's Mini.