- 4 min ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 1 hr ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- Movies Karan Johar, Akshay Kumar Unite For Video Tribute To Frontline Workers: You Are Real Heroes
- News Domestic flights resume after two months; many say flights cancelled without notice
- Technology Huawei Enjoy Z 5G With MediaTek Dimensity 800 5G Processor Launched In Affordable 5G Segment
- Sports Woods-Manning prevail in star-studded match, raised $20m for charity
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
MG Motor India is all set to introduce its second product, the ZS EV — an all-electric SUV in the market. The new MG ZS EV is scheduled to go on sale in the Indian market in January-2020.
The MG ZS EV once launched in India will be offered in two variants: Excite & Exclusive. Both variants of the ZS EV are expected to come with a host of features and a long list of equipment.
The two variants are also powered by the same 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery, paired to a 3-phase permanent magnet electric motor. The electric motor with the batteries produce 141bhp and 353Nm of torque, mated to an automatic transmission.
MG Motor claims a maximum range of 340km on a single charge from the batteries. The ZS EV also comes with fast-charging technology as standard; able to charge the batteries from 0 to 80% in 60 minutes.
We recently got a chance to test drive the upcoming MG ZS EV and came out mighty impressed with the all-electric SUV from the British brand — here is our detailed review.
Having mentioned the standard options, here is a variant-wise list of features offered on the MG ZS EV SUV for the Indian market.
MG ZS EV Excite
- Automatic headlamps with LED DRLs
- Breathable glow logo
- Electrically adjustable & foldable ORVMs
- ORVMs with integrated turn signals
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Push-button start/stop
- Analogue instrument cluster with a 3.5-inch MID
- 60:40 split rear seats
- KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
- 6 airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Hill-start assist
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- ISOFIX child seat mounts
- Electronic parking brake
MG ZS EV Exclusive
In addition to the features on the Excite:
- An 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Panoramic sunroof
- 6-way electrically adjustable driver's seat
- i-Smart 2.0 connected technology
- Heated ORVMs
- Air Purifier with PM 2.5 filter
Prices for the MG ZS EV are yet to be revealed at the time of launch. MG, however, has started accepting bookings for the ZS EV either online or at company dealerships for an amount of Rs 50,000.
Once launched in India, the MG ZS EV will be available only in five cities: Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai.
Thoughts On The MG ZS EV Variants
The MG ZS EV top-spec ‘Exclusive' variant is the choice to go for. The top-spec trim comes with all the bells and whistles and many of them are first-in-segment features as well. Once launched in India, the MG ZS EV will rival the Hyundai Kona EV in the market.