- 1 hr ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Variant To Launch Soon In India: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- Movies Karan Johar Turns 48: Kareena Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, Ananya Panday And Others Share Birthday Wishes
- News 20% beds in private hospitals for COVID-19 Patients: Kejriwal
- Technology JioMart Expands To 200 Cities Across India Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Sports Balbir Singh Sr passes away: Virat Kohli, Abhinav Bindra, Amit Shah condole
- Lifestyle Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: Sonakshi Sinha, Mahira Khan, And Other Divas Who Have Red Ethnic Outfits For Us
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The EURO NCAP has awarded the all new MG ZS Electric SUV a full 5 stars for passenger safety. The MG ZS was unveiled in India earlier this month, and is expected to go on sale starting January 2020.
The MS ZS Electric SUV model that was crash tested was the LHD, five-seater variant. The vehicles kerb wight stood at 1,491 kilograms. Safety features on the model included multiple airbags.
The MD ZS was awarded a 90 percent safety rating for adult occupants, 85 per cent for child occupants, 64 percent for pedestrian safety, and 70 percent for safety assist features.
The official result report from the crash test conducted by the EURO NCAP read, "The passenger compartment of the ZS EV remained stable in the frontal offset test. Dummy readings indicated good protection of the knees and femurs of both the driver and passenger. MG showed that a similar level of protection would be provided to occupants of different sizes and to those sitting in different positions."
According to the EURO NCAP the driver was well protected during the full-width rigid barrier test, while reading from chest compression of the rear passenger (test dummy) indicated weak protection, but safety was adequate for other parts of the body.
The MG ZS Electric SUV provided sufficient protection during the side barrier test. Results for the more serious side-pole test indicated weak protection at the chest area, but showed sufficient protection for the rest of the body.
Test for the hear restraints and for the front seats of the MG ZS Electric SUV showed sufficient protection against whiplash injuries in the event of a rear collision. The vehicles (AEB) Autonomous Emergency Braking system was put to the test at low speeds (city driving), with collisions avoided or mitigated in every test scenarios.
In related news, MG Motor has entered in to a partnership with Fortum Charge and Drive India with the aim of setting up DC fast charging points across the country. The 50kW CSS/ CHAdeMO DC fast charge public stations will be set up at MG dealerships in cities like Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, and Hyderabad.
Thoughts About The MG ZS Electric SUV Receiving A 5 Star Rating By EURO NCAP
Congratulations to the MG design and safety teams! We think any vehicle that has a 5 star safety rating is already worth the money. MG has gone to great lengths to achieve this safety rating. The company is putting human safety first, which is fantastic.