- 3 hrs ago New BMW R 18 Cruiser Production-Spec Model Unveiled: To Rival The Harley-Davidson Softail Deluxe
- 4 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Hyundai Verna Facelift, Kia Sonet Interiors Spied, Honda Jazz BS6, & More
- 14 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Bullet 350 BS6, Scooty Pep Plus, Bajaj Pulsar Range Launched & More
- 14 hrs ago KTM & BMW Motorrad Opt Out Of 2020 EICMA, INTERMOT Motor Shows Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
- Sports Let's show the world, we stand as one: Virat Kohli urges people to join PM Modi's #9pm9minute appeal
- News Chidambaram advocates aggressive testing for coronavirus
- Lifestyle Qubool Hai Actress Surbhi Jyoti Wows In Peach Flared Ruffle Dress In Her Latest Photoshoot
- Technology Paytm Offering 50% Cashback On 4G Add-On Packs
- Movies Neha Pendse On Lockdown Being Compared To Bigg Boss: ‘BB Is True Hell, This Is La-la Land’
- Finance Airlines Are Accepting Flight Bookings From 15 April
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
- Education ETS Offers At-Home Solutions For TOEFL And GRE Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
MG Motor India has announced the start of bookings for its upcoming ZS electric SUV in the Indian market. The MG ZS electric SUV bookings have been opened in five cities initially: Bangalore, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Mumbai.
Bookings for the new ZS electric SUV from MG Motor can be done either online or in select dealers in the above-mentioned cities. Booking amount for the new MG ZS electric SUV is Rs 50,000.
The MG ZS electric SUV will be the second product from the brand in India, after the Hector. The new SUV is scheduled to go on sale in the country in January 2020 and will rival the likes of the Hyundai Kona EV. Prices for the electric SUV is expected to be in the range of Rs 23 lakh, ex-showroom.
The MG ZS electric SUV is powered by a 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. It produces 141bhp of maximum power output and is offered with a range of 340km on a single charge.
The ZS electric SUV is offered with both standard and fast-charging technology. The fast-chargers will allow 80% of charge of the batteries in 60 minutes, while the standard chargers take between 6 - 8 hours for a complete charge.
Apart from the ZS electric SUV, MG Motor is also working on setting up charging infrastructure across the country. The MG ZS electric SUV will come with an on-board charging cable which can be used on any 15amp socket. The company will also offer the ZS EV with an AC fast-charger to be installed either at the customers home or office.
Apart from these, MG is also setting up super-fast-charging networks across select dealerships. These charging networks will be available 24x7 as well. The company recently also set up its first 50kW fast-charging station in Gurugram recently, in partnership with Fortum.
The company will offer customers with an ownership package for the ZS EV, called the eShield. This will offer the MG ZS customers a 5-year manufacturer/unlimited kilometres warranty on the SUV. It will also provide customers with an 8-year/1.50 lakh km warranty on the battery, along with RSA (Road-Side Assistance) for a period of five years.
We recently got the opportunity to test drive the upcoming MG ZS electric SUV. Stay tuned to DriveSpark for the detailed review coming up soon.
Thoughts On The MG ZS Electric SUV Bookings
The MG ZS Electric SUV will be the second product from the brand, after the Hector. With the MG Hector performing well in the Indian market, the company hopes to continue the trend with the new EV as well. While the car will initially be available in just five cities, it will go on sale pan-India at a later stage.