- 7 hrs ago BMW Unveils Its Vision M NEXT Electric Sports Car — A Glimpse Into The Future Of BMW
- 8 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 9 hrs ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- News Despite Modi's scathing remarks, Congress says PM used ‘evading tactics’
- Movies Abhirami Venkatachalam Conveys Her Feelings To Kavin; Shocking Developments In Bigg Boss Tamil 3!
- Technology Over 204 Million WiFi Enabled Devices Sold In India In 2018: Reports
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Australia clinch semi-final spot as England lose again
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Morris Garage (MG) Motor India announced today that bookings for its much-awaited MG Hector will officially begin on 4 June 2019. The MG Hector is the company's first vehicle being launched in India.
MG will begin online bookings at 12 noon on 4 June over its website, mgmotor.co.in, and will initially support it with 120 dealerships across the country. The auto manufacturer aims to expand this reach to a total of 250 dealerships and touch points by the September this year. MG Motor is scheduled to dispatch of the Hector from its Halol plant to its extensive network across 50 cities in India within the next tow weeks.
Rajeev Chaba, President and Managing Director, MG Motor India, said, "MG Hector has been developed with a high degree of localized content to cater to the specific needs of new-age Indian consumers."
"As India's first internet car with 50+ connected features, the Hector will come with 19 exclusive product features, making it the new benchmark in its segment. Customers will be able to experience the Hector first-hand very soon and we are ready to welcome new customers into the world of MG," he added.
The MG Hector features the internet on board the car, thanks to the next-gen iSMART technology which promises safe, connected, and fun experiences. The vehicle also features a 10.4-inch HD touchscreen infotainment system (the largest in its segment), and also features MG's signature design cues, including the infamous star-rider grille. Character lines are defined by geometric shapes, horizontal flow, and symmetry, and some sections of its interiors are inspired by modern dance forms.
The Hector is also the first car with a sophisticated 48-volt mild-hybrid architecture in its segment, making MG Motor the first company to bring the 48V technology to the mass market segment. The SUV uses a 48-volt lithium-ion battery to store energy and provide extra torque assistance of up to 20Nm when required.
The combination of three key functions – Engine Auto Start Stop, Regenerative Braking and E-Boost – ensures a great driving experience while reducing emissions by up to 12%.
MG Motors has built the Hector to withstand extreme road conditions, and says the SUV has been tested for over one million kilometers in India before entering production. The Hector will be available in both petrol and diesel variants.
The 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine delivers 143bhp of power and a peak torque of 250Nm. The all new MG Hector and will be available in both manual and automatic transmissions. Its 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine will deliver 170bhp of power and a peak torque of 350Nm.
MG Motors made an investment of INR 2,200 crore to rebuild the Halol manufacturing facility and roll out its first product. MG has built an all-new assembly line, a press shop, a body shop, a parts distribution center, a testing track and a new state-of-the-art training facility in the plant - all within 18 months. The plant also has a captive vendor park to facilitate aggressive localization for all MG vehicles.
Thoughts About MG Officially Opening Bookings For The Hector
The MG Hector is one of the most awaited SUV's in India. With bookings officially opening in June, we expect a lot if buzz from the industry. We will definitely be at the launch, and we're waiting to tell you more about the SUV as soon as can be!