- 3 hrs ago Independence Day: Official State Car Of The President Of India Is A Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman
- 4 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Review: The Most Capable Off-Roader With An Affordable Price Tag!
- 4 hrs ago Tata HBX Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch: Details & Specifications
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- Movies Amul Celebrates Amitabh Bachchan’s Victory Over COVID-19: ‘AB Beats C’
- Finance How To Pick The Right Gold Investment?
- Sports Monty Panesar joins SportsTiger as Cricket Expert for England-Ireland Series
- News Lord Ram idol at Ayodhya temple should have moustache: Hindutva leader Sambhaji Bhide
- Technology Meet Dodo Drop App, An Alternative To Chinese File-Sharing Apps
- Lifestyle Gayatri Japam 2020: Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
MG Motor India is busy preparing for its official debut in the country by mid-2019. The SAIC-owned British automaker will soon launch its first product for India, the MG Hector SUV, to make its entry felt on the highly-competitive Indian automotive market. Now, the company has released an all-new teaser video of the MG Hector.
Titled as 'The Future Of Cars', the latest MG Hector video teaser shows some glimpses of the much-awaited five-seater SUV. The company is currently conducting extensive road tests of the Hector. For the same reason, we have come across multiple spy pics of the vehicle in the past few months — check them out.
With a host of segment-leading features and equipment on offer, the MG Hector will definitely be a strong rival to the likes of the Jeep Compass and Hyundai Tucson.
Morris Garages (MG) has crafted a well-planned business strategy for the Indian market. A lot of interesting products will make their way to the country and the brand's portfolio will also include an all-electric product at some point — read some important things to know about MG Motor India.
Coming back to the MG Hector, the SUV will come in both petrol and diesel formats. In a recent update, the specifications of the petrol variant were shared online. It makes 143bhp and 250Nm from its 1.5-litre turbocharged motor. Transmission duties are done by either a six-speed manual or a dual-clutch automatic unit.
On the other hand, the 2.0-litre FCA-sourced diesel engine in the MG Hector is expected to push out close to 170bhp and 340Nm of torque. This is further mated to the same transmission units as of the petrol variant.
The MG Hector is strictly a front-wheel-drive vehicle even though its main competitor, the Jeep Compass, is available in an all-wheel-drive format as well.
As mentioned before, the MG Hector does come with a lot on the inside. This includes a 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 360-degree camera, cruise control, Harman audio system, TPMS, six-way adjustable driver seat, panoramic sunroof, etc.
The MG Hector also offers a lot of real estate for its passengers. The five-seater SUV spans 4,655mm in length, 1,835mm in width and 1,760mm in height.
Thoughts On The MG Hector
The Indian automotive market is eagerly waiting for the launch of the all-new MG Motor product. The MG Hector promises a lot and many claim that it will be a better all-round package than the popular Jeep Compass. What do you think? Let us know in the comment section below.