- 9 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 11 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 12 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
MG Motors is all set to enter the Indian market. The company's first product will be an SUV, the Hector; scheduled to launch in the market in the coming months. MG Motor is a British brand, wholly-owned by SAIC.
Ahead of the launch of the MG Hector in the coming months, fresh spy pics of the new SUV have been leaked online, showcasing the new Hector completely undisguised for the first time in India.
The fresh set of spy pics from Team-BHP, showcases two variants of the MG Hector. One is in a silver metallic shade which should be a lower-spec trim. This variant of the Hector can be seen with silver alloy wheels, silver accents around the grille, bumpers, headlamps housing and around the sides as well.
The other variant can be seen in a different Brown-ish paint scheme which could be the top-spec model. The second variant can be seen with chrome accents all around the front and sides of the SUV. The top-spec MG Hector also can be seen with more premium dual-tone alloys as well.
However, the spy pics also confirm that MG will offer all variants of the Hector SUV with LED DRLs, projector headlamps, roof rails and ORVMs with integrated indicators; among o host of other equipment.
Earlier reports suggest that MG will offer the Hector with a 1.5-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine producing 143bhp and 250Nm of torque. The MG Hector will also be available with a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine churning out 171bhp and 350Nm of torque; sourced from Fiat. Both engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
MG is also expected to offer a petrol hybrid power unit on the Hector, details of which are yet to be revealed. There might also be a petrol automatic version of the MG Hector at the time of launch, while the diesel-automatic powertrain might be introduced at a later stage.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Spy Pics
MG Motors India took over the Halol plant from General Motors in the country. The Halol plant will see the assembly of the the upcoming products from the British-brand. MG Motor has also announced its second product for India, an electric SUV called the eZS. The MG Hector once launched in the Indian market is expected to be priced around the range of Rs 15 lakh, ex-showroom. It will rival the likes of the Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500 and the Jeep Compass.